Views on working for two different spas in the same area please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naazzlaa

Reaction score
Hi, I'm very nearly qualified in Level 3 and have been offered 2 days a week at a local spa and hotel; the managers have been incredibly welcoming and I have also met most of the other therapists too.

I am definitely looking forward to working there but I also need more working hours.

When I started the training I thought I would work part-time a a beauty therapist, and work the rest of the week in an admin role to help supplement my income, but, having invested in the course, and enjoyed it as much as I have, I am now thinking that I want to work as a therapist full-time.

There is another spa near me, not far from the other spa, and I have thought about approaching them for further part-time work but do you think they would say 'no', because there would be a conflict of interest, also working at the other spa?

I really don't want to let the first spa down, as they really have been very good to me already but don't want to approach the other spa for part-time work if they would reject me anyway because of the potential conflict.

What do people think? Anybody have any experience of working at two different places during the week?

Perhaps I should just get in touch with them and ask!

Naz

I wouldn't work at two different locations. Go with the spa that will give you full-time hours.

When I employ, I often suggest part time to start. It helps to get an idea of how someone works and their abilities before you launch into full time pay. I'd go with the salon you love. Give it two weeks and I reckon you'll find them asking you to do more hours.

Good luck x

Hi, I'm very nearly qualified in Level 3 and have been offered 2 days a week at a local spa and hotel; the managers have been incredibly welcoming and I have also met most of the other therapists too.

I am definitely looking forward to working there but I also need more working hours.

When I started the training I thought I would work part-time a a beauty therapist, and work the rest of the week in an admin role to help supplement my income, but, having invested in the course, and enjoyed it as much as I have, I am now thinking that I want to work as a therapist full-time.

There is another spa near me, not far from the other spa, and I have thought about approaching them for further part-time work but do you think they would say 'no', because there would be a conflict of interest, also working at the other spa?

I really don't want to let the first spa down, as they really have been very good to me already but don't want to approach the other spa for part-time work if they would reject me anyway because of the potential conflict.

What do people think? Anybody have any experience of working at two different places during the week?

Perhaps I should just get in touch with them and ask!

Naz

working in a spa can be very tiring so I would see how things go.

Latest posts

Back