Vinylux issue, can you help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sosears78

Reaction score
Hi all

I had my nails painted with Vinylux on Friday, yesterday I wore closed toe shoes and when I took them off the Polish is discoloured on both my big toes, see photos, does anyone know why this has happened? The salon I had them done at is closed on a Monday so I can't contact them, thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    729.3 KB · Views: 197
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 137
At a guess I would say that the colour of your shoes has transferred into your varnish as it's sort of in the same place on both feet.

Vic x

I have shoes that do that too unfortunately! x

Thanks ladies, this is very annoying, it's never happened with conventional nail polish, is there a reason for it? I don't feel I can go back to the salon as technically it's not their fault, I've got a wedding at the weekend so wanted it to last until then, grrrr

It does look like your shoes have coloured your polish. I think you've just been unlucky as I always have Vinylux on my toes.
You could try rubbing with a bit of baby oil on a cotton pad.

Vinylux is a very strong polish so you could also try very lightly swiping over with a polish remover. I do mean lightly though, don't press and rub.

Good luck xx

There's also some wrinkling at the edge which will have been caused by the shoes. What shoes did you wear immediately after having the Vinylux applied? Also perhaps they're a little small ;)

Is it me or do you have small 'bubbles' in the polish, could just be the photo ? Xx

Thanks everyone for your replies, I wiped over with an acetone free polish remover and that's worked, it looks much better, one question though, the polish now looks a bit dull, can I paint over it with a top coat to make it look shiney again? Ps in answer to your question perfectly cute-icle it's the photo, there's no bubbles

New pic below

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 80
Yup you can apply a top coat now :)

Great news :) Top coat away x

Latest posts

Back