Was I right to say this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle23

Reaction score
hello everyone
i advertised my mobile beauty business on some free advertising sites yesterday and have had a few calls and emails already which is good

but

2 men have called and asked if i could massage them and if i would do it with them completely naked and nothing covering them! they said they have had it done before and loved it! my guess is that they may have had a sexual favour as well but i dont want to judge

i was so shocked so didnt really know how to word myself and said that i have never had this requested before and would feel comfortable if they were covered in some way
i'm not doing them as they both said they want to be free and naked so they said they will go else where

was i right in saying it that way or should i have been more blunt and asked if they were expecting 'extras' which i would have said no to

just wondered if anyone else has experienced anything like this and what did you or what would you do?

If you're not comfortable with it, don't do it - I suppose we have instincts for a reason. If someone had asked me that, I'd have declined as well - I wouldn't feel comfortable on my own with two men who insisted on being naked and I suspect you may be right about them wanting extras.

And that old chestnut "OTHER therapists don't mind doing it"...if that's the case why aren't they sticking with "these therapists that do it" as surely most people would want to minimise who saw their tackle, plus if they loved it so much and she did such a good job why would they not be going back to her? :eek:

I don't do massage myself, but If I did I would not do it with a naked client whether male or female as I would not feel comfortable. I know there are many people who like to be naked during all sorts of day to day activities - nudists come from all walks of like and you need not read anything sexual in this. Do what you feel comfortable with and don't be embarrassed.

That does sound rather suspicious to me - I'd be inclined to say something along the lines of that you don't offer naked massage for insurance reasons or something like that...

Aw hunny im so sorry you had those phone calls. I used to be mobile myself and i had a few and knew they were dodgy. I never did male clients for that reason, it's just way to risky if your mobile. It's upsetting because you want your business to do well and you get excited when the phone rings but then when you get some stupid guy being a perv it really disheartens you. Chin up hun and yes you were right to say what you did at least you were polite and didn't say anything along the lines of what i'd have been tempted to say to the disgusting perv!

When i started up i got a lot of what i considered weird male wannabe clients. Just stick to your guns and be professional. If they are serious, they will respect your decision and keep their pants on

I stopped advertising on the free sites because I got so many dodgy phone calls. I didn't get any 'regular' clients from them, and just got fed up with clarifying my services!

I don't think you should be ASKING if they want extras. You should (if you are going to go this way) state that you do not offer extras. I think you were right right not to take on these two, they sound dodgy. xxx

i once had a phone call the same,when on work experience in a salon (still studying my first year at college) he asked what was extra to the full body massage. i told him the salon offered aromatherapy blends at request, thinking to book him in with the salon owner. he said he would call back but never did! then the penny dropped!

I do massage men naked, however, I would be very suspicious of enquiries like that. Men don't ask in advance if you do naked massage if they genuinely want a massage. I too would have turned them away.

i know it's not at all professional but i have these calls a lot and i don't even do massage apart from a back treatment so i say i'm a beauty therapist not a prostitute.

now before you think i'm being rude!! i'm not saying the therapists that do massage men are prostitutes so plz plz anyone on here that does do them don't think i am calling you that

i just know these men want more just ergh you can tell in their voice i say i don't offer male massages so they want a pedicure with extras!!
i really don't understand this men if i ever get a salon i will be having security cameras for deffo and will be clearly stated no male massages unless i employ a male massuse.lol

oh by the way

yes of course you were right to say that if you don't feel comfortable SAY NO(says frank)

say no to sex say no to drugs.
i hope people remember these adverts i'm referring to else i'm going to look like a looney

I don't think it's fair to say all men are like this as some posts have. I do male massage, the way i work it is, if their partner is already a client and s/he refers them for a massage or the man is already a regular client of mine.I have a few male clients who started with waxing and now also have massages.
Non are naked they wear their underwear.
I know this has been disussed many times on SG as to men being naked or getting 'excited' during a massage so do a search and see what others have said.

Aye, it's probably only a small minority of male clients who are "dodgy" and want sexual services under the auspices of a massage or whatever! But explicitly saying that they want a naked massage is probably a fairly reliable indicator that they are actually after "extras" and should be treated warily.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't think it's fair to say all men are like this as some posts have. I do male massage, the way i work it is, if their partner is already a client and s/he refers them for a massage or the man is already a regular client of mine.I have a few male clients who started with waxing and now also have massages.
Non are naked they wear their underwear.
I know this has been disussed many times on SG as to men being naked or getting 'excited' during a massage so do a search and see what others have said.

We have this exact protocol in our medispa. We only offer male massage to existing clients/or by referral. We do not do any 'naked' massage - male or female - if asked we explain no due to 'hygiene reasons'.

thanks for your replies everybody
feel better now thanks for all your advice :) x

Could you not say something like, "towel management is of utmost importance and in no way does it affect the benefits of massage"

Actually - a perv got in touch with me on here! Saying that he'd seen that I was studying and if I wanted to practice massage on him then I could :eek: I'm was doing Level 2 so there is no massage :eek:

It was very strange, it came through my email as a notification from SalonGeek but when I looked on here there was nothing...very odd.

we have had that recently at the salon. after advertising on some free sites..

the things men have said are:

'oh i only have it naked'
'what does the person look like? :rolleyes:'

and wait for it..

' can i make a appointment for s ...x?'

we have had a voicemail saying...

' i want s..x?

we do do men and this wouldnt stop us (but not naked)
and no naked woman either lol...

it is different being in a salon anyway then mobile

but its still annoying and insulting and its only since i used the free sites.. and its clearly says salon not parlour or whatever they are called......but i know which website they are coming through.

When I was mobile I stated that I only did female clients, if I went to a client and they asked if they could book an appointment for their partner next time as well, I did so.

I only have problems when I advertise my massage on free sites, at least one a day.

funnily enough when I put a similar advert for a facial I only get proper enquiries.

You know what I hate the most: the time I waste talking to these people, they do not let up, they ask question after question.

I now work from 2 venues, and a third of my clients are male, and they either have reflexology or massage.

Latest posts

Back