Was I right to say this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was mobile I stated that I only did female clients, if I went to a client and they asked if they could book an appointment for their partner next time as well, I did so.

I only have problems when I advertise my massage on free sites, at least one a day.

funnily enough when I put a similar advert for a facial I only get proper enquiries.

You know what I hate the most: the time I waste talking to these people, they do not let up, they ask question after question.

I now work from 2 venues, and a third of my clients are male, and they either have reflexology or massage.

yeah it is the free sites.. and i dont get when i advertise something else either

This sort of thing is worrying me to be honest for when I start up and I keep wondering whether to do men or not. The thing is, I dont want to deprive innocent people of treatments, especially Reiki, as it is done fully clothed and I want to help as many people as possible, men included. The thing is, I've have a couple of very close calls when I was younger with attempted rape situations and to this day I am always on edge around men. The good thing I suppose is that I'm quick off the mark with noticing when someone is leading upto inappropriate behaviour, and I dont let it esculate.

However, I feel very uncomfortable massaging men and I'm not sure how to get around this problem apart from giving it time and working really hard to try to change my attitudes.

I am not going to advertise massage on leaflets, although it will obviously be on my website and price list. I was going to post my price lists through peoples doors but am thinking it might be better to do a leaflet, not mention massage and say to call for details of other treaments. I was wary of choosing a business name with 'touch' or 'girls' or 'ladies' etc in it, and am not having pictures of silhouettes of perfect bodies women or similar on my business cards etc. I'm thinking about putting something on my website about not tolerate innapropriate behaviour or else the treatment will end instantly.

I feel so pathetic :( I hope I overcome it because I dont want all the other guys out there to miss out because of the creeps out there. I hope I havn't sounded sexist because I'm not.

Hun, if you don't feel comfortable massaging men, then don't do it. You shouldn't be made to feel awkward doing any treatments. Even if a male is genuine in only wanting a professional treatment, if you are nervous then you will just dread doing it, and he will pick up on your nerves and won't relax properly, so he won't get the full benefit of the treatment. There are plenty of massage therapists out there who are comfortable treating men, so don't ever feel obliged to go ahead.

And given the circumstances, I'm not surprised at your reaction, I think I'd feel the same. :hug:

Just tell them u would have to have ur boyfriend/husband, (or father for that matter) present and because u do not massage private parts there will be no need to take off their underwear. That will surely 'deflate' the dirty beasts!!!
You did right x

hello everyone
i advertised my mobile beauty business on some free advertising sites yesterday and have had a few calls and emails already which is good

but

2 men have called and asked if i could massage them and if i would do it with them completely naked and nothing covering them! they said they have had it done before and loved it! my guess is that they may have had a sexual favour as well but i dont want to judge

i was so shocked so didnt really know how to word myself and said that i have never had this requested before and would feel comfortable if they were covered in some way
i'm not doing them as they both said they want to be free and naked so they said they will go else where

was i right in saying it that way or should i have been more blunt and asked if they were expecting 'extras' which i would have said no to

just wondered if anyone else has experienced anything like this and what did you or what would you do?

You absolutely did the right thing hun.

I do male waxing and regularly get dodgy calls from men asking some quite graphic things. - even though my website states this is a professional treatment etc

I always just say i don't thinks thats an appropriate question to ask do you? This is a professional treatment.

Don't worry about losing money hun or anything like that afterall your not offering the kind of service they are after, direct them to their local massage parlour :lol:

Oh yeah and i only do male treatments in a room i hire adhock, wouldn't dream of doing it mobile, only females.

Which free sites do you mean? As in your business website but one of those free ones?

the free advertising sites
the phone calls i got were from when i put it on gumtree

That Gumtree sounds like a double-edged sword - good for improving your Google rankings and bringing in more hits to your website - but bad in terms of its propensity for attracting pervy clients!
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back