Was January a slow month?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purplepixi

Reaction score
Just out of interest I was wondering how many other people fond that January was very slow. I handed out 400 new leaflets in the first week and for the whole month I only had 2 phone calls. OK, those 2 were great, but neither of them wanted nails doing (as I also offer other things) they were both massage clients, although they have rebooked. I'm planning on dropping another 200 today, and if things don't pick up I'm looking at going a bit further afield, as I'm mobile I don't really want to, but it's looking like I have no choice.

So just for peace of mind - has any one else had January as a problem month?

First week after xmas was slow, infact i posted a thread about it, new year slump. However since about the middle I have been really busy from people who have seen my clients nails over xmas a booked up! prob about 10 new clients in last 2 weeks, working evenings as well now which is something i dont usually like to do but hell.. whos complaining!

Sorry to hear youve been slow it is gutting when this happens i know coz ive been there! Word of mouth is definatley the best form of advertising, so get out there with some flashy nails and show off what you can do!!

Hiya! Yep jan was pretty quiet for me to, but I also found that it started to pull round towards the end...

To perk up business a bit i started a 15% off promo on about the 14th - I advertised in the window (MASSIVE display) and also got the postie to drop off a load of price lists in the local area, which I had written on in gold 15% off till 31st jan.

next year I will be better prepared and do this from the 1st of jan - kind of like a jan sale - I think it brought a few new customers, but also prompted a few regulars into squeezing two rebalances into a month (where they might normally be tempted to leave longer when they're skint!), I also did really well on retail this month - Partly cos I was a bit more forward in selling, but I was also able to say - "you may as well buy all this now, while there's 15% off" a guilt-free sales tactic, if you struggle to up-sell from appts.

I'm now trying to plan for future months - so I don't experience the same DROP in business... fingers crossed...!

I would imagine this is quite unual - well it did surprise me anyway :!:

I got two new clients in the month of Jan, which i didn't expect in a million years but that was it other than 4 enquiries...

Latest posts

Back