Water Bill?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyC

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Joined the forum as I'm finally going to take the plunge and set up my own salon :lol:. Have been browsing here for a while and picked up some excellent information!

I'm finding it very hard to get what an average quarterly water bill is - I've got all the other costs down but need this for my business plan! Also, would you recommend metred or fixed rate?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Andy :green:

I have a nail salon .we do also pedicures . We do not have a washing machine ,as we take our towels home . And My water bill in on a meter and it's one of my must expensive bill !!! We get charge of water in ... Water out ... Rain fall and drainage !! Beware

Thanks for the response! Wow I was expecting electricity to be the biggun!

Can anyone else comment on what they're paying?

Have you looked at using single use towels?

They can dramatically reduce your water and electricity costs and they save you a huge amount of time wasted on laundry.

It would also be a great way to work out your costs in advance as there is a fixed price.

I hope this helps. Good luck with the business plan.

Angela
(Easydry)

I will inbox you . The break down of my water bill ! I will say for one year they where charging us wrong amount !! But kept saying it was correct !!! After million phone calls it was sorted !! But still a big rip off for water

My water bill is £67.50 a month. I am on rates. I have 1 beauty room, a washing machine, and I also have 2 Garra rufa fish tanks which we do 100l water changes on every day.

Our electric is £157 and our gas is £107 X

Ok hear goes ... Standing charge £53 per year
Volume charge per cubic metres at £1.45 each
Wast water sewage charge £1.04 cubic meters
Surface and highway drainage
Mine was band 1 £100.30 year

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333809659.689823.jpg

And we only use a small amout of water .. It's the added charges that bump it up !! Be careful on a meter in a business property !

Don't all business' have to be on meter? I was under the impression they do. I suppose it also depends on your area, do different places have different charges. Our water is with Bristol and Wessex water and our meter is read quarterly I think.

No some are on fixed water rates .. My friend has a hairdresser s and is on water rates !!! Lucky girl 😃

My water bill is £67.50 a month. I am on rates. I have 1 beauty room, a washing machine, and I also have 2 Garra rufa fish tanks which we do 100l water changes on every day.

Our electric is £157 and our gas is £107 X

Blimey your bills are high!!

Eek they are high! Mine is on banding I believe and I pat circa £80 for the year xx

Mine is about £500 a year on a meter. Electric is £220 a month, gas about £100 a month.

Latest posts

Back