Wax heater help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meme1281712

Reaction score
I need a new wax heater and I'm wondering if someone can help me out does anyone know of a good starter kit? Or a fairly good priced professional kit? I am fully qualified I currently have the Phd kit but its not as cost effective as a wax pot therefore want to change back. I was just looking at the Rio Professional wax heater - does any one know how long this takes to warm up and if its any good for mobile use? Otherwise is there any others you woiuld recommend? Thanks for your help :) xxx

I need a new wax heater and I'm wondering if someone can help me out does anyone know of a good starter kit? Or a fairly good priced professional kit? I am fully qualified I currently have the Phd kit but its not as cost effective as a wax pot therefore want to change back. I was just looking at the Rio Professional wax heater - does any one know how long this takes to warm up and if its any good for mobile use? Otherwise is there any others you woiuld recommend? Thanks for your help :) xxx
Hi there,

I dont know much about the starter kits..

I have only ever used Hive wax heaters and find them to be very good, reliable and easy to use. As I understand Hive do student sets, so maybe they do a package that includes their heater as well.

It is worth checking out their website I attach a link for you.

I now use the Hive digital wax heaters.

Hive of Beauty LTD Heaters

Good luck

Jack

Hi there,

I dont know much about the starter kits..

I have only ever used Hive wax heaters and find them to be very good, reliable and easy to use. As I understand Hive do student sets, so maybe they do a package that includes their heater as well.

It is worth checking out their website I attach a link for you.

I now use the Hive digital wax heaters.

Hive of Beauty LTD Heaters

Good luck

Jack

I love the hive heaters too I use the double one which has a hot and warm wax insert it fab for mobile aswell as it has a quick heat start up setting x ;)

Hive are fab waxer's have a look on eBay for a second hand one they are long lasting. When I think of rio I think of Argos I'm not sure how reliable they are but I'd say go with a well loved product which is professionally used.

Hth :) xx

I do NOT recommend the Salon Systems heater. Although it is good at what it does i find it takes over an hour to heat a new pot of wax (and even then you will find a lump in the middle) and they have discontinued the pots of hot wax so its very difficult to find a solution to heating hot wax if that is something you decide to do. Im currently looking for a new heater myself and think the hive heater is in the lead for me.

As highlighted recommend the Hive/traditional 1000cc heaters.....reliable, durable machine horses!!
You'll pay around £38/39 (ex VAT) for.

Hth :biggrin:

I have a hive 1000cc heater and it is fab it's all I would ever use I think mine was about £40 ish

hi everyone im new and have just done my waxing course and bought a hive 500cc starter kit, but want to ask a silly question, how do you get the wax out of the tub?

very confused.com, please help

ally???

hi everyone im new and have just done my waxing course and bought a hive 500cc starter kit, but want to ask a silly question, how do you get the wax out of the tub?

very confused.com, please help

ally???
You will have to decant the wax into the heater. You should have a 500cc wax bucket with a scraper bar.. turn the heater up high and place a wooen spatula across the top of the heater adjacent to the scraper and put the pot of wax upside down (the spatula and sraper bar will safely keep your pot balanced) and heat from the wax heater will melt it and it will drop into the wax bucket.

If the wax pot is larger than the 500cc then keep an eye on it as you dont want wax running all over your trolley!!..

When you are finished reset your temperature and let it drop to your working temperature before use..

HTH Jack

Hi i use wax a way from beauty express they do a start up kit (which i used when i started and just added to it when i ran out) for about £50 excl VAT hth

I have the standard waxing starter kit from Salon Services. It's ok if you are just working from one place, but I wouldn't recommend it for mobile use.

I only have to transport it between home and a salon I work in, I always have it in a box with a towel wedged round it to keep it upright and it still leaks wax around the top! No matter how much I clean it, it still looks dirty and is sticky. I need a new one!

Latest posts

Back