waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pegemily

Reaction score
hi i have recently qualified in waxing,
im just about to use my waxing kit i have the hive wax heater 1000cc, with the hive warm wax. what is the best way to remove the wax from its container into the inner removable container?!
thanks!!

hi i have recently qualified in waxing,
im just about to use my waxing kit i have the hive wax heater 1000cc, with the hive warm wax. what is the best way to remove the wax from its container into the inner removable container?!
thanks!!

Can you just pop your pot straight into the inner?If not then heat the wax up in the microwave ,keep a very close eye on it then when it's melted enough pour into the inner.Ensure you do this well in advance as not a very good idea to use microwaved wax prior to waxing as you will get heat pockets that could lead to burns.

My wax goes straight into the inner,dont have to pour but I know some heaters are quite small and so the melting method has to be carried out.HTH

hi, i use the hive wax and just put the pot itself in my heater, ive never had any problems with this so as long as the pot actually fits it should be fine. hth

Standard size wax pots (the plastic ones) fit into a 500cc Hive style heater for warming and use. These don't really fit into the 1000cc very well ... well at the bottom maybe.

The 800g tins do fit into the 1000cc heaters, though usually recommended with a disposable cardboard collar around them to stop drips into your heater.

If you are using the plastic 425g style pots and wish to fill up the innerbucket of your 1000cc heater I really wouldn't use the microwave ... I can see this ending in all sorts of mess, and possible injury!

Instead rest the plastic pot upside down in the heater, it will sit at a nice secure angle between the wipe bar and the side of the bucket. Then turn your heater up quite high, and after about 15 - 20mins all the wax will be in the heater! Be warned ... it will be FAR TOO HOT for treatments! Let it cool to the right temp before using.

Mat

I don't use the plastic pots but i use berins ease which comes in a tin.
I boil the kettle and put some water in a bowl. Then i put the tin in the bowl for a few minutes.
I then pop the tin upside down over the heater and it plops out in one go usually. Only takes a minute or so for it to come out :D

Standard size wax pots (the plastic ones) fit into a 500cc Hive style heater for warming and use. These don't really fit into the 1000cc very well ... well at the bottom maybe.

The 800g tins do fit into the 1000cc heaters, though usually recommended with a disposable cardboard collar around them to stop drips into your heater.

If you are using the plastic 425g style pots and wish to fill up the innerbucket of your 1000cc heater I really wouldn't use the microwave ... I can see this ending in all sorts of mess, and possible injury!

Instead rest the plastic pot upside down in the heater, it will sit at a nice secure angle between the wipe bar and the side of the bucket. Then turn your heater up quite high, and after about 15 - 20mins all the wax will be in the heater! Be warned ... it will be FAR TOO HOT for treatments! Let it cool to the right temp before using.

Mat

No mess and no injury,you dont even have to completely melt the wax,just a couple of mins until it's softened and then pour straight into the heater,been doing it like this for donkeys years and never had a single problem.

PS must stipulate though that I would NEVER wax straight after.

Yeah I do the same as Mat, I tend to turn the wax pot on and rest the wax tub on an angle between the metal bar and edge of heater and let it pour in slowly.. I have also have the 1000cc Hive Heater.
hx

Hello, I apologize for being off topic some, but where could I get certified in strictly waxing? Does this even exist? i'm in Miami, Fl.

Thank you,
Brittany M.

Latest posts

Back