Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cipolla

Reaction score
Hi, I need a bit of advice, I waxed a client the other day and she came out in a reaction afterwards. I waxed the lip and chin and that was fine, but it was just under lower lip, so I was wondering if this area is very sensitive. I waxed prior to that and it was ok, so not sure why she had a reaction this time. I did go over twice and plucked as well as it was very stubborn. She said the area was a bit swollen for a few days. the upper lip and chin was fine but the only conclusion I got was I was a bit heavy handed with waxing and plucking the stray hairs a well. Any ideas why this happened and should I wax this area or leave it. I left it this time since she got a reaction and just waxed lip and chin. I use tea tree wax and strips. Many thanks.

I use hot wax for facial waxing so I cannot speak from experience about using strip wax facially, however I was trained to never go over the same area twice with strip wax. This is likely to have irritated the skin as the facial skin is thin.

[emoji171]

I use hot wax for facial waxing so I cannot speak from experience about using strip wax facially, however I was trained to never go over the same area twice with strip wax. This is likely to have irritated the skin as the facial skin is thin.

emoji171.png

emoji171.png
[/

[emoji171]
thank you for your reply, do you wax just under lip or do you leave it, as it's more sensitive ?

I do wax under the lip but as with all waxing I make sure I hold the skin as tight as I can and support it.

I do wax under the lip but as with all waxing I make sure I hold the skin as tight as I can and support it.
Thank you very much for your reply, I am thinking of getting hot film wax as I have read its similar to strip wax in application and I can take off all in one go. I was only taught warm wax in college so do I need to go on a extra course for hot wax or can I just practice on a lovely friend until I am confident about using it. I am qualified in NVQ, but they just didn't teach me in hot wax, I am confident in applying it so just need some advice please !!

Latest posts

Back