Web appointments diary??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SomersetPysco

Reaction score
Been looking around for one of these to go on my website WHEN i get it done.???!!.. more to see when I am available than to book..... but all the ones I have found are just far to complicated i want it simple.... might even be able to make a booking if prepaid online in future???? (within certain distance )

ideas of software?

Am in the middle of designing such a system at the moment. It will be a web-based salon management system, and will do things like maintaining client details, online appointment booking, email and SMS reminders, etc, as well as having a website editor on it as well which will let you maintain your website and add new pages, images, etc. Let me know if you're interested, will almost certainly need people to test it for me before I offer it as a proper product!

sign me up as guinea pig then and contact me nearer time... I am so busy away it just makes sense. Perhaps some sort of distance factor needs to be incorporated to allow them to book perhaps preset into site (this is mobile by the way) and if they prepay on line , one you know client is legit and two could offer an incentive??

sign me up as guinea pig then and contact me nearer time... I am so busy away it just makes sense. Perhaps some sort of distance factor needs to be incorporated to allow them to book perhaps preset into site (this is mobile by the way) and if they prepay on line , one you know client is legit and two could offer an incentive??

Have already got mapping in my design - it will do a lookup to get latitude and longitude for an address and postcode - have already got that working on my salon guinea pig site, Salon Guinea Pig - Find people for practising treatments, training courses, competitions, etc. - although for security reasons, the accuracy of the map is set to only the first part of the postcode on salon guinea pig (as it's a publicly accessible site) whereas the salon management system will be accurate up to street level, as only the owner and therapists of that particular salon will have access to their client's address details (and all access will be over secure channel, HTTPS).

Will definitely bear in mind the prepay idea though - or possibly even Paypal integration?

I have been trying to find a system that allows clients to book online and links into a salon system
It would seem that unless you have a dedicated IT dept it is impossible to achieve!
I would be really interested in having a look at your system when its ready, and I'm also trying to link a couple of salons. Every company does that teeth sucking thing as if I asking for the moon and stars!

I have been trying to find a system that allows clients to book online and links into a salon system
It would seem that unless you have a dedicated IT dept it is impossible to achieve!
I would be really interested in having a look at your system when its ready, and I'm also trying to link a couple of salons. Every company does that teeth sucking thing as if I asking for the moon and stars!

Ah excellent, I'd already thought about the multiple salon thing, and accommodated the possibility of it in my design. So at the moment there is a "Single Salon" mode (which I'll be trialling initially), but the way the database is designed should make it easy for there to be multiple salons.

One question - will each salon have its own group of therapists, or will therapists work at both salons? I guess I should really accommodate both scenarios, so it would be possible for a therapist to share time between salons, should that be required...

Latest posts

Back