Webmaster tools

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern Nails

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Webmaster tools and how to read the data for search enquiries?

Also how do i add links?

Is that more Google stuff, e.g. Google Analytics and whatnot?

Yep. I'm getting data but not sure what it all means

Ah, now Google Analytics is something that I haven't dabbled in (yet) - knowing me I will do one day though...

Meanwhile I just run a tool called Webalizer on my Linux server, that just analyses my Apache web server logs once a day, and comes up with web statistics of how many hits each site is getting and whatnot...

What are you trying to link to?

not sure really, don't understand it much. apparantly if i have links i am more likely to be picked up by googlebots. Is this right?

Links IN to your site from other sites will help the most. e.g. you already have a link in your signature on geek, and you could try adding a link on various free index sites etc.

But if you are having outgoing links on your site to other sites, please make sure they are relevant and beneficial to your business...
Posted via Mobile Device

Ah i see. thanks for that. The data was showing i had a link to salongeek but didn't know how. i did it and hadn#t realised by adding my site to my signature. was i suppose to ask permission first before going ahead do you think?...:smack:

Ah i see. thanks for that. The data was showing i had a link to salongeek but didn't know how. i did it and hadn#t realised by adding my site to my signature. was i suppose to ask permission first before going ahead do you think?...:smack:

You are allowed to have text based links in your signature on geek as long as they aren't worded as blatant advertising - banner links are frowned on as there is paid banner advertising for that lol...

So you should have nothing to worry about by the link in your signature as it is just the name of your site...
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back