Website designed by Yell

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flawless Beaut T

Reaction score
Has anyone had a website designed by yell? Someone from yell has offered to build me a website for £300 and get it on page one of google for an extra £60 per month. Has anyone used yell and is this price reasonable?

The websites (from what I've seen) are very 1990's. They didn't used to be mobile responsive which is a MASSIVE issue and red flag to Google. This MIGHT of changed but I've never heard good things about them. We have taken on quite a few ex-yell customers over the years.

One thing to note though is you DO NOT have ownership or copyright of the site even when you've paid.

Paying to be at the top of google for £60 a month is a lie. If it was that easy then why wouldn't everyone do it? Basically you are paying for a premium listing in the yell directory which naturally ranks well, mainly on low search keywords OR it's a small PPC campaign until the money runs out.

Like anything, you get what you pay for.
We now offer some budget options for websites ourselves using a pay monthly scheme if people can't stretch to the full package.

It comes down to individual requirments. I always say a website is an investment. Saving money and paying for a cheap website will do you no favours however spending that little bit more and getting a decent website, will make you more money than it has cost you.

The websites (from what I've seen) are very 1990's. They didn't used to be mobile responsive which is a MASSIVE issue and red flag to Google. This MIGHT of changed but I've never heard good things about them. We have taken on quite a few ex-yell customers over the years.

One thing to note though is you DO NOT have ownership or copyright of the site even when you've paid.

Paying to be at the top of google for £60 a month is a lie. If it was that easy then why wouldn't everyone do it? Basically you are paying for a premium listing in the yell directory which naturally ranks well, mainly on low search keywords OR it's a small PPC campaign until the money runs out.

Like anything, you get what you pay for.
We now offer some budget options for websites ourselves using a pay monthly scheme if people can't stretch to the full package.

It comes down to individual requirments. I always say a website is an investment. Saving money and paying for a cheap website will do you no favours however spending that little bit more and getting a decent website, will make you more money than it has cost you.

Hi, I've just looked at your pay monthly options and I would definitely be interested in this, I have seen a lot of good reviews and recommendations of your work.

[posts merged]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I've just looked at your pay monthly options and I would definitely be interested in this, I have seen a lot of good reviews and recommendations of your work.

[posts merged]
It really is a good deal if I do say so myself :)
We only recently launched it for the clients who are on a more strict budget.

Feel free to PM me or fill in the quote request for on the website and we can answer any questions you have :)

In my 'other' job Yell have just designed ours...cost £3500.It is fairly all singing and dancing and very modern and fresh and of course mobile friendly. It was done September this year. I doubt a beauty/hair business would need anything as sophisticated as in need as many pages so you wouldn't be paying as much. It is easy to make changes to and their customer service was great....however you don't own the site like a previous post suggests and we have been unable to use the images used throughout the site in other marketing to help streamline our brand. We can use our photographs and logo etc but not stock images. They are a well known brand and very supportive in their aftercare however I would compare to other companies for sure.

I would suggest to avoid the Yell route. It's basically renting a website and if in the future you decide to stop paying Yell, your website will be taken offline. You do not own the website, Yell does.

Latest posts

Back