website question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cirrusbeauty

Reaction score
hi geeks!

do any of you have a web site where customers can purchase things via your website?
i am wanting to start a website that i can sell things from and wonderd what was involved also what costs there would be i.e web site design, google fee ect? and how the website keeps a reccord of how many you have left available in stock ect!

thanks in advance! xxxx

Hmm I am working on a system to do just that at the moment. Product details will be stored in a database, which will also keep track of stock levels etc. There will be a separate login for admin where you would be able to add new products and keep track of orders. And then the customer facing site which would have a standard shopping cart and checkout arrangement (or whatever was required).

I'm guessing you would want to use Google Checkout by the sound of it? Other possible mechanisms could be PayPal, or an interface into a bank's secure payments page (generally it is best to let banks etc handle the payment side of things, for security reasons).

Can't mention prices on here, but please feel welcome to pm me if interested.
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back