Website revamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynne Baker

Lynne The Skin!
Reaction score
Hi all
I've taken some (very good) advice and have completely updated my website. I wonder if I could prevail upon my fellow therapists to have a quick squint and let me know if there are any mistakes, and generally what you think of it. I'm happy to take on board any comment, good or bad.
Thanks awfully!

Calla Salon - Home

Hi Calla,

On the page "Body"& "Make-up" the page appears at the bottom of the screen and overlaps the section where you have "Featured Products".

You have a really lovely website i like the colours and how everything is so clear to read and i think it's very fresh looking.

ooo, thank you for that - can you tell me which browser you're using, please?
thanks

I've had a look at your site and love it!
The only comment I would make is that I think it would help to have the treatment name in bold, at the moment the treatment name and description are the same and even though it looks great I would suggest putting it in bold just to help draw the eye to the treatment names xx

Hi Lynne,

I think your website is very professional looking and I would imagine you attract your target clients with this design, however if I'm honest I think you are losing the opportunity to advertise on your home page by having such a large picture on there? I think having a picture gives a personal feel and is a good idea but this is prime advertising space don't you think?

Your Body and Make Up page looks fine on my PC and I'm using Internet Explorer.

Also you have what I would love, an online shopping area. Does this work well for you?

What about having online booking? I do and it's working great, I'd say about £60% use mine!! It compliments having a website I think. The company I use if your interested is Appointment-Diary.com - Online Appointment Diary and Scheduling Software

Well I hope my suggestions help?

Good Luck xx :)

Hiya, your website looks fab and also works fine but again I use IE 7 I think?

Think the comment about the pic is right, maybe a little too big and use the space for promo's?

Very nice web site, Lynne - and highly impressive with what one can do with the premium offering from Freewebs (if that is who you are still with for hosting your site). The online shop is fab!

Can't fault it on IE7 either.

Thanks all. Have resized the pic, but I don't want to use the front page for advertising anything other than myself!
Yes, Ruth, still with Freewebs, using a premium template and a tiddly bit of CSS code that I remembered from my (shudder) IT days!

Thanks all. Have resized the pic, but I don't want to use the front page for advertising anything other than myself!
Yes, Ruth, still with Freewebs, using a premium template and a tiddly bit of CSS code that I remembered from my (shudder) IT days!

Yay, CSS, way to go, Lynne! Bit of a black art though, isn't it, hey?

I'm using Internet explorer aswell, it's doing the same on my laptop as it was on my office computer.

Does anyone know why it could be doing that, is it my settings? :hug:

I'm using Internet explorer aswell, it's doing the same on my laptop as it was on my office computer.

Does anyone know why it could be doing that, is it my settings? :hug:

Which version of Internet Explorer are you on? Internet Explorer 6 is notoriously flaky when it comes to CSS support. Internet Explorer 7 is (for the most part) OK. And Internet Explorer 8 has some weird issues from what I've heard!

I'm on Internet Explorer 7

I like it Lynne, it is very neat, clean and looks very professional. A job very well done!! :green:

Hi, a very informative & easily understood site, great layout & i'm impressed with all your qualifications, congratulations:). The only bit i noticed was (how do i explain?) when i click on some, not all options ie. facials, the featured products are over the image. I know nothing about computers so can,t tell you what i'm viewing through:eek:

Sorry Lynne, as Emily 9 says it's only on the body & make-up sections which overlap the picture. HTH

Incidentally, why is/was it called Calla Salon?

Incidentally, why is/was it called Calla Salon?

I'm pretty sure that Lynne named her salon after Calla lillies, they are such beautiful flowers (Sonia is a big fan of them especially, we had them at our wedding)...

I think it is lovely, very very nice,
Ruth i want an online shop (runs and hides lol) :lol:

Yep, I called it Calla because I love the lilies, and because my guardian angel is called Calla too. (Yes, I know it sounds all hippy-sh!t but I swear it's true!)
I'm very touched by the compliments on the site - thank you!

I think it is lovely, very very nice,
Ruth i want an online shop (runs and hides lol) :lol:

Online shop? You can add the products now if you want, Lou (that bit works already). The shopping cart will come later - give me a month or so :lol:

Latest posts

Back