wedding help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruby729

Reaction score
Hi there! I could use some advice from the pros! I am a massage therapist, and I have to keep my nails short for work. My wedding is at the end of the month and I would like to have long french manicured nails for the day. I used to have gel overlays before becoming a massage therapist. My question is this, what would be the best way to have my nails done for the weekend without sacrificing my nail health after I remove them. I have been looking into the pink and white gels, from what I understand, these are the least harmful. It took me a while to get my nails healthy and strong after removing the gels I had for years and I don't want to have to start over. Any advice? Thanks!!

Ruby
-replies can also be e-mailed to me at [email protected]:wink2:

Hi, You want your nails to look great on your special day dont you so go to a good salon in your area which has a good reputation and tell the therapist what you want then they will advise you.
Also if you are not going to keep up with your nails book an appointment with the therapist after your wedding and have them soaked off and a manicure done then they will put you a treatment on and your nails will still look great.

Good luck with the wedding:)

Your natural nails should not need ages to recover from enhancements!!!
A good gentle tech should be able to apply them without damage to your nail and as long as you have them properly soaked off with a nice manicure you really should be back to normal. Ask around and dont be afraid of acrylics and sculpts... we are not all heavyhanded nail destroyers:green:

Hi Ruby,

Nail Extensions, be it gel or acrylic will never ruin your nails!! There is also no such thing as gel being better for your nails, that is just a myth. Gel is just a liquid form of acrylic. Provided your nail extensions are removed properly as stated above there should be no damage to your nails at all also beware of untrained nail technicians using drills as this can damage your nails. Did you remove your gel nails before or did you have them professionally removed?

Remember not to have them done too long for your wedding hun, you may not be used to the length and you could easily break one. And besides length does not necessarily mean beautiful, a trained nail tech will give their honest opinion on a length that is most suitable for you and your lifestyle.

xxxx

When I had gels done before, my technician used a drill on my natural nails making them very thin and fragile. So, I guess I just need to find someone who won't drill my nails all to hell and then make sure I have them professionally removed after!! I appreciate all of your responses and am now not afraid to go make my nails gorgeous for my big day! I've never had the pink and whites, would that be the way to go for a natural look?

Ruby

Pink and whites dont really look like natural nail, more like your natural nail with a good french manicure. the tip is whiter than normal. If you like the french mani look (and it is a lovely fresh elegant look) opt for this. If however, you prefer your nails to look completely natural then opt for -you guessed it- the natural look. A good tech will have more than one shade of white, so you can choose from pure brilliant white to something softer and more subtle. Best thing is to find a well reccomended tech and have a thourough consultation so she knows exactly what you want.:hug:
Ruby729 said:
When I had gels done before, my technician used a drill on my natural nails making them very thin and fragile. So, I guess I just need to find someone who won't drill my nails all to hell and then make sure I have them professionally removed after!! I appreciate all of your responses and am now not afraid to go make my nails gorgeous for my big day! I've never had the pink and whites, would that be the way to go for a natural look?

Ruby

Latest posts

Back