Wednesday promotion ideas!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystaltash

Reaction score
Hi geeks, just after a bit of inspiration.

Wednesdays are very quiet in my salon. It's because most of the shops in the town either close a half day or shut completely and there aren't many people about.

I want to do something to reign the people in on Wednesdays and I thought something like 'Wax-Me-Wednesday'.
But I've only got as far as the name! What should I do - I'm trying so hard to stay away from discounting my services, but do you think that for something like this, it's viable?
Any other ideas would be greatly received!
:hug::hug:

Yeah I'd offer a discount or bring a friend and get treatment free - so you get two clients for one price but technically two lots of client details to promote to again.... word of mouth works every time.

Orange wednesdays lol x

Perhaps instead of discounting you could give them something wax related free if they bring a friend, like a small tub of afterwax (no idea if those are available) or perhaps a free neck and shoulder (sp) massage with facial waxing, free leg and foot massage with half or full leg etc... or something along those lines? I would stick to massage for treatments though as they are not expensive product wise and they may also persuade some to come in for the full treatment.

That is what I would do. Goo luck with whatever you do decide though Lx

How abouts offering a rebate against their car parking on a Wednesday? So if they came in & spent over x, you would knock the cost of parking off the treatment in effect giving them free parking?

We have just set up a scheme in Hertford town to do this on a weds. All the local shops were invited to join the scheme & each shop offers something in return for the rebate part of the pay & display tickets. I will be doing a discount on all nail services when they show the rebate part of the ticket, whilst another shop is offering 10% off.

x

Do you just want to promote the waxing on a Wednesday? you could have something like 'free eyebrow wax with every full set of nails... full leg wax'...or whatever you want to say. I assume that the eyebrow wax is quick and easy and it would encourage them to have the more expensive treatment to get the eyebrow wax at the same time.

When I had my hair cut recently the beautician who rented a room in the salon was obviously quiet and she offered my mum and myself a complimentary parafin wax then put us in heated mits whilst we were getting our hair done, I thought that was a nice touch and it felt like we were being pampered! Maybe you could do something like that as a freebie when they are getting something else done? could still come under the 'wax me Wednesday' heading too.

Latest posts

Back