Weird Or What?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
When I was at EXCEL last week, I stopped to watch the head of a natural nail company paint a set of nails. I'm not gonna say the name because she was a lovely lady and the staff were too. Anyway, she proceeds to paint each nail with a real load of polish on the brush (I'm talking dripping) and every few seconds has to dip an orange stick with cotton wool into remover and clean the edges. Afterwards, when she's gone, I politely asked the staff why this was. They then tell me that they are trained to paint over the entire nail and the underside (sod that for a laugh). They are trained to deliberately go over the side walls onto the skin so as not to leave any gap around the edges. They then clean around the edges with remover. What ?????????????? :suprised:

I wouldn't mind, that's what mine look like aswell LOL ;)

This method doesn't give a very professional image does it - nor a professional result. My two year old son could do better than that!!!!

Another (quicker) method would be to pour the polish into an egg cup and get the client to dip each finger in. After ten minutes or so you could clean the finger and sidewalls up with polish remover - Hey presto, no gaps. :D

glynis said:
Another (quicker) method would be to pour the polish into an egg cup and get the client to dip each finger in. After ten minutes or so you could clean the finger and sidewalls up with polish remover - Hey presto, no gaps. :D

pmsl Glynis :lol: :lol:

glynis said:

LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!! YOU SHOULD PATENT THAT IDEA. lol ;)

Kimmi, this system also paints under the nail too. How fab is that?

Perhaps I should try it at Olympia. I don't think it will make a major difference to the amount of points I will be dropping anyway :D

glynis said:
lmao :D glynis ...what r u like

glynis said:

PMSL :D :D :D

glynis said:

PMSL, will this work with my nail remover bowls???

Em x

Sounds like it may work well with sassy's ping pong nails
pmsl
x

glynis said:
Lmao good idea Glynis!!! might try that one! :lol:

emmam said:
PMSL, will this work with my nail remover bowls???

Em x

I'm not sure about this sounds a little wasteful, although fast as a whole hand could be done at once ;) . However, if you use really cheap polish it won't matter too much. On Ebay you can sometimes get 10 bottles for £2. You don't need to worry about the horrible wishy washy colours as you could mix them all together and create your own signature colour. Sassy may have some tips on other cheap products that could be used to enhance the colour.

The advantage of an egg cup would be that you could easily pour it back into the bottle. Your nail remover bowls would prove more difficult, especially if you put it in both bowls to speed up the process.

Good thinking, will stick to egg cups.

em x

Latest posts

Back