Wella Koleston - ash brown - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenn84xx

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any advice on the Wella Kolestons range - either the pure naturals, rich naturals or the deep browns.
I have naturally medium brown hair with auburn/warm tones and would like to go a shade darker, but use a dark/medium brown wella koleston colour with ash. I don't want any warm tones in my hair!
I can't seem to find any with the ash in, apart from the colour touch range which i have been using for a couple of years (colour touch shade 4/71). I would like something like this but a little more natural but cooler tones no warm whatsoever.
I was considering purchasing 'Koleston Perfect 4/07 - Medium Natural Brunette Brown' from the pure naturals range and then adding some intense cool ash into the mix.
Would this work, if so, what ratios do I need to use with the developer?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you :)

hi, i was going to say use 4/07 but i wouldnt use any extra ash in it as i have found it to sometimes turn out a bit too ashy but then again it all depends on what colour you have left on your hair. hope this has helped a bit :)

Hi :)

Thanks for your reply and help :) I will go for the 4/07 and perhaps miss the ash? Or put just a little ash in the 4/07 shade as I have lots of natural warm tones in my hair and want to get rid of them!
In about a months time, I want to get a few thin flashes underneath and want a champagne blonde - would my hair lift to a champagne blonde if I have the 4/07 in? Or would I need to have bleach used on my hair (trying to avoid that!)

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks
Jenn xx

Latest posts

Back