What an evening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremities

Reaction score
Hi all,

After going through some pretty bad luck in the last year or so, maybe finally things are looking up after getting my Masters Exam recently.

Got a phone call this evening from a really nice lady asking if I would put extensions on a girl as young as 12 for a birthday treat.

I said I would if I had parental permission. She only wants them during her easter holidays.

Anyway I explained about the differences between well trained technicians and nss places.

She has booked for her daughter and their three friends to all have their nails done in a few weeks time.

I am phoning her back to confirm in a few days and have offered her a discount of £10.00 off of all the girls nails. Do you think this is the right thing to do. Four sets of nails would have been £40 x 4 and I thought I would offer them at £30 a set.

She even said if it was easier for me, I could come to her house and bring my daughter with me.

Sam

Don't see anything wrong at all with what you agreed with the lady - i.e. £30 per set. You never know they might all be your regular clients in the future during all of their holidays! The Mum might recommend other people to you too, but you will need to let any other recommendations know what your real price is!!!

I think £30 is good for 12 year olds. If your happy to do them for that price, then do it! besides, what else would you do that night! The chance is that at least one of them will want to keep them on, but i'd charge your normal price from there on. After all, your education hasn't been for free.
Congrats on passing your Masters qualification Day!
icon_biggrin.gif

If they are happy to pay, enjoy having the custom - you worked hard for your success! Go Girl!

Personally I think a 25% discount is rather high.

Why not give each client a gift instead? You could make up a goodie bag for each one of them and it wouldn't cost you but a fraction of 10.00 for each of them. (abrasive, small SolarOil and a polish). They would perceive this as a big gift and it wouldn't cost you much at all.
You know me I hate discounting ... it smacks of 'cheap' 'cheap' 'cheap' to me. I'd rather give a gift.

Latest posts

Back