What are you business hours? I'm having trouble setting mine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are closed on Mondays. We have one late night on a Thursday and finish at 6 on a Friday. We open at 0930 (we really have no call to be open at 7 am)!

Glad I'm not the only one working these sorts of hours as I was starting to feel like a slacker!!:lol:

I agree it's important to put time aside to concentrate on the business side, squeezing it in between clients never works as the development of the business then becomes an afterthought & secondary to the actual treatments. I also think it's important to set hours as you mean to go on, otherwise once you are fully-booked you're going to have to start explaining to people why you're no longer going to work early to late every day to fit them in, well that or go straight for burn-out!!

When I first stared as self employed, I would basically do whatever hours/days clients wanted me to do.

I found this messy as did my clients. They would never know when i was working, never knew when my day off was & would tent to call on the day for an appoinment, never booking in advance.

Now I have opened a salon, I have strick hours. I take a set day off every week, do two lates & try to stick to my hours.
I find this is working well as everybody can keep up with me & they are now booking in advance. Before, I would be frightened to say no to an appointment but I have basically discovered that by saying no, my clients now book in advance so they guarantee my time. It's great! I get to have a few evenings to myself now too :)

Mondays: Closed
Tuesdays: 9am-6m
Wednesdays: 10am-8pm
Thursdays: 10am-8pm
Fridays: 9am-6pm
Saturdays: 9.30am-4pm

Good luck - I hope you work something out :)

-P-

My hours are ridiculous
Mon 9-8
Tues 9-8
wed 9-8
Thurs 9-9
Fri 9-9
Sat 9-6
sundays 2 out of four by app only
I also have a retreat thats quite busy so that means Sunday Mornings I make breakfasts,
Yes Im Wrecked but I have a huge mortage boo hoo still happy at it and the bank will only own me for another 40 years:lol:

My hours are ridiculous
Mon 9-8
Tues 9-8
wed 9-8
Thurs 9-9
Fri 9-9
Sat 9-6
sundays 2 out of four by app only
I also have a retreat thats quite busy so that means Sunday Mornings I make breakfasts,
Yes Im Wrecked but I have a huge mortage boo hoo still happy at it and the bank will only own me for another 40 years:lol:

wow you are a hard worker. :)

Thank you for all your replys. cant believe how hard we all work to keep our clients and bank managers happy. hee hee

i have decided to do these hours and like some one said people will book in advance if they want a certain time regularly.

monday closed
tuesday 9-6
wednesday 10-8
thursday 10-8
friday 9-6
saturday 8.30-3

and thats my set hours i realise its unrealistic to be everyones therapist, and i need a life otherwise what is the point of it all xx

I have to agree that the more choice (of hours) that you give people the more difficult it is for them to make a choice. You will find yourself stretched to the limit as your appointments will be all sorts of hours with gaps in between.

Stick to set hours, one late night and you will find that people will fit in. If they don't and they go elsewhere then so be it. As already said, your working hours have to be sustainable and long days, up to 7 days a week won't work in the long run.

Although I like being busy, I would rather turn a client away than let it interfere in work/life balance as working too much is the quick way to burn-out & sloppy treatments. I work:

Monday - Closed
Tuesday - 9 to 5
Wednesday - 9 to 5
Thursday - 9 to 7
Friday - 9 to 5
Saturday - 9 to 1

I sometimes do a couple more lates a week, but only if it's desperate!

these are similar to my hours except friday i work 9-6

xx

Wow you guys, i defo feel like a bit of a slacker, lol

My hours are;
Tuesday - Friday 9:30 - 5:30
Saturday 9:00 - 5:00

And saturday afternoons are by appointment only, so if i'm quiet i will go out and do other things, be they personal or doing leafletting, etc.

I work in a hairdressers and these are their hours. I've tried late nights but tbh i don't get much call for it. If a client asks in advance, i'll work later hours as long as its worth it. I'm not gonna stay open til 9 for an ebs.

I love love love my job, but i won't if i burn out and i love my life too x

Latest posts

Back