What are you thankful for? (2013)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chickafish

Reaction score
I started a similar thread last year whilst feeling homesick that I was missing out on Thanksgiving dinner with my family. But I loved that thread and I want to do it again this year. I know we're weeks away, but I'm already planning what to cook and putting together my shopping list and guest list. But this year has been a heck of a lot kinder to me than last year and I've got a lot to be thankful for.

SO! Here we are at our imaginary geek family table, again. It's tradition at my house to go around the table and say what we're thankful for. What are we all thankful for? :) (You can go more than once!)

I'm thankful for the influential figures I've met this year. Without them, I wouldn't have the courage to accomplish many of my achievements this year.

I started a similar thread last year whilst feeling homesick that I was missing out on Thanksgiving dinner with my family. But I loved that thread and I want to do it again this year. I know we're weeks away, but I'm already planning what to cook and putting together my shopping list and guest list. But this year has been a heck of a lot kinder to me than last year and I've got a lot to be thankful for.

SO! Here we are at our imaginary geek family table, again. It's tradition at my house to go around the table and say what we're thankful for. What are we all thankful for? :) (You can go more than once!)

I'm thankful for the influential figures I've met this year. Without them, I wouldn't have the courage to accomplish many of my achievements this year.

I love your thought process - give me a minute......hmmmmm.... ewwwww....arrrhhhhhhhh...eeeerrrrmmmmmmm.....weeeellllllllll......

Ahh just (at the moment at least) all the huge influencial people that I have started to talk with.

I can't name him at the moment for legal reasons (some legal practice is all I will say and he's a very successful one as well, worked in the past one of his bigger cases was for a high profile financial institution) but my first time brother in law's best man at their wedding (soul friends ideally) a company he's setting up and asked me to design and implement their computer network system.

Of which I have spent most of today working on... yea lol.

Tons of fun always wanted to do that! But it's pretty easy to be honest, even the security aspects of building a network with VPN (though that took some deciding on how I was going to do that!)

(on completing that project now I want to play aroung with OpenVPN on one of my many sandbox servers but really should be getting through mountain of work I've had building up lol).

Last edited:
I don't think I'm following this thread. Seemed like a simple question from the OP but on reading the replies I'm a little confused.

Anyway, the way I read it.....I'm thankful that my children have maintained their good health, my husband hasn't had a car accident (you should see how he drives on the motorway!) and that we can still afford to pay our motgage.

I'm also thankful that this year by keeping away from horrible people we've managed to have a happy life filled with joy and no one trying to con us (so called friends and family) for a change.

I don't think I'm following this thread. Seemed like a simple question from the OP but on reading the replies I'm a little confused.

Anyway, the way I read it.....I'm thankful that my children have maintained their good health, my husband hasn't had a car accident (you should see how he drives on the motorway!) and that we can still afford to pay our motgage.

I'm also thankful that this year by keeping away from horrible people we've managed to have a happy life filled with joy and no one trying to con us (so called friends and family) for a change.

ha ha ha ha sorry that made laugh out loud.....mine was purely my bad sense of humour just trying to find something that I am grateful for - I am still thinking!

ha ha ha ha sorry that made laugh out loud.....mine was purely my bad sense of humour just trying to find something that I am grateful for - I am still thinking!

Virtues, it wasn't your post I was referring to. I knew where you were coming from. It's the other one I find a bit confusing. :|

Anyway, keep thinking, there's got to be something! :)

All I want is to get through any year with no major worries and contentment.I have this year so far,so all good.
As I've got older my needs are fewer.I no longer think I need a bigger house,car etc my priority for the next few years hopefully is my 84 year old mum staying well and healthy because mentally she is as sharp as a tack.

I'm thankful that my children & family are healthy
Also that my hubby's battalion have done their last tour of afghan so he shouldn't be back out there.

And we still have jobs!

Good thread chicka.

I wasn't sure I could post on this as I have had the worst year imaginable , but you really did make me think chicka, and a few hankies later here's my thoughts.

I am so thankful this year for my family but mostly my sister, who has been there for me every day and in every way. She has supported me, been there when I needed her to, left me alone when I needed that too, and I honestly don't know how I would have got this far without her.

I am also pretty thankful to this site for filling the sleepless hours and making my insomnia more bearable, and for the cyber friends I have on here that I probably will never meet but have been lucky to get to know through their posts, threads and blogs.

I am thankful that all my family are in better health than in previous years, people are more stable ( probably not mentally but hey ho can't have everything lol ) and I am here to read this post and comment so other than the normal day to day woes I'm a pretty blessed person to have people in my life that love & care about me, making me feel anything is possible... Thank you to the people on here that have done that for me too! Xx

Good thread chicka.

I wasn't sure I could post on this as I have had the worst year imaginable , but you really did make me think chicka, and a few hankies later here's my thoughts.

I am so thankful this year for my family but mostly my sister, who has been there for me every day and in every way. She has supported me, been there when I needed her to, left me alone when I needed that too, and I honestly don't know how I would have got this far without her.

I am also pretty thankful to this site for filling the sleepless hours and making my insomnia more bearable, and for the cyber friends I have on here that I probably will never meet but have been lucky to get to know through their posts, threads and blogs.

:hug::hug::hug:

You sound like you've got it to me. :lol: This is Thanksgiving! You just say something you're thankful for whether it be from way back when or just for the year. I've always taken it as a way to be grateful for what we have instead of moaning about what we don't. One of the reasons I've carried on the holiday to here :p

I've got it............I've got it .......I'VE GOT IT.......I'VE THOUGHT OF IT............YAY...........OHHHHH...........................no it's gone!:lol:

I've got it............I've got it .......I'VE GOT IT.......I'VE THOUGHT OF IT............YAY...........OHHHHH...........................no it's gone!:lol:

:lol: If it helps you can be thankful for more than one thing. I'm thankful for Ben & Jerry's and yoga pants.

I am grateful I can put my two feet under me and get out of be every morning and that I know my own mind.
I am also grateful for a healthy and happy family .

I'm thankful for my amazing baby girl and the fact that after losing 6 litres of blood i'm still here for her.

Thankful for my amazing husband who works 12 hr shifts 12 days on 2 days off enabling us to save up the deposit for our dream house (just waiting on entry date.)

And lastly thankful i gave up on my wee salon when i did and got myself a wee part time job in a salon which means i'm less stressed out, have more time to spend with family and have a wee bit of money to myself.

Apart from the above its been a pretty kak year.

Xxx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

That my mum has made it through another year! So close to losing her last year. Thankful to my very wise husband for his support. For my children's health and success and for my furry friends. Have met some fantastic geeks through this site (they know who they are) and enjoy chit chat alot. Thank youxx

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thankful for my best friend who became my husband in May this year and especially for all his support in everything I do. I'm also thankful for all my wonderful family and friends who no matter how spread out across the world we are, we will always remain close in each other's hearts.

I'm thankful that we survived Allan's period of unemployment without serious financial issues. Thankful for my remaining fur babies, and thankful to the people who have been buying and recommending my books for making a dream of mine come true.

I'm thankful for my husband who works very hard to enable me to focus on a new career, thankful that my sons speech has improved tremendously over the past 6 years, that my daughter's health has improved, my family are still here to love me and that we are all in good health and are happy. This year has been one of my toughest ever but I've come out the other side stronger and happier and have learnt a lot this year.
Looking forward to a fresh start in 2014

Latest posts

Back