What do u think to these nailz?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bekibeau

Reaction score
hi there geeks,

i did my own nails last night.. i have uploaded the pic below..not sure if its big enough though??

it was a bit of a rush job as i had to get them done b4 the pizza man turned up with my din... so i went 4 the easy non blending white tips..

as you probably know (unless ur left handed) its soo hard doing your right hand, mine look terrible & my filing is crap! also on my left hand the pinkie got clipped a little too short, so its looking a bit odd..the more i look the worse they seem to look!! but they do look better than they did b4..(i 4got to take a before pic-doh!)
ive gota sort my thumbs out later coz i cant text very fast anymore on my mobile phone and i used to be a text whizz!

i welcome any comments/critical or nice ;-) pls be kind tho, i am a bit sensitive!!

thank you...:hug:
beki xxx
C:\Documents and Settings\Shane\My Documents\My Pictures\mynails.jpg

as the pic didn't work 4 some reason, ive put it in my gallery...

booo I can't see the pic :cry:

doh! why doesnt it work!

Hi there can't see pics Beki??!! Have you tried putting them into your gallery?

well i put the nails in my gallery- not sure if its worked though & its looking a bit smaller now!

beki xx

The picture is in her gallery guys,nice work having a try on yourself,please give us a closer look next time you put up your pictures,hope to see some more pics soon,give yourself a pat on the back.

Florentina Alexander
[email protected]
Nails At Last

Photo taken too far away from the nails IMO so it's difficult to really see detail. However, the only thing that really stands out for me is that there is too much white from the French as opposed to the natural colour of the nail bed.
I find it difficult to do my own nails so well done on yourself.

I think they look pretty darn good. I can't do my right hand to save my life. LOL Looks like they could use a bit more arch to them but other than that they look really nice!
Michele

well done for managing to do your own nails, it isn't easy to do our own nails unless you're a bit ambidextrous and able to use your undominant hand as well as your dominant hand.
got to agree with Mrs Clooney in that there does seem to be too much free edge compared to the nail bed, the nails need to be more balanced IMO and a slightly larger pic so we can have a good old nose :wink2:

What kind of tips did you use? The smile line looks too straight for my liking.

yes its hard to do your own nails flower (especially the right hand (if your rihgt handed)) but you really need to work on your smiles and balance. (they not smiley and not really balanced) try working on a tip, till you are absolutely sure you got it so your happy with it. - it takes ages till your happy by the way lol -lots of peeps put pics on here and ask for critisism, but dont like the answers, i think - well done for putting it up and asking, you wont know where you need to spend more time correcting this
once you can say your truley happy with your nails, then you dont need to train anymore - you will always be learning- as there is ALWAYS ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT, NO MATTER HOW EXPERIENCED YOU ARE

It does take courage to post images of your own work for all and sundry to 'have a go at'!! :)

Take a look at the tutorial "choosing the perfect length for balance and beauty".

Having a whiter than white tip always distorts the balance of the enhancement and exaggerates the look of the smile ... This is why it is very important to choose the right length when doing French tips.

Your overall form (the outline) is good. It is really the length of the free edge and the smiles that is letting these nails down.

Look at as many photos of beautiful nail work as you can and try to copy exactly what the nail artist has done.

thank you all for your comments. i have filed my nails down as i agree, they were a tad too long!! thank you forhelping me out!!! xxx

hi i.m fairly new to the web site how do you see into a gallery

Click on the name and browse down the page xXx

Thanks cutienailz seen pics well done for having a go at doing them on your self bekibeau, it is hard to do them on yourself i,ve tried but i do struggle doing my right hand and no way would i be able to do a rebalance on my right hand.

just to let you know i have now removed pic as it won't let me upload anymore!!

thanks again everyone xxx

Latest posts

Back