What do you do to make treaments special?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenx

Reaction score
Hi, I am about to start mobile spray tanning and was just wondering what you do that makes you treatments stand out. For example is it just being smiley and chatty or do you give them little freebies, discounts.
Just looking for a way to keep my clients coming to me rather than going elsewhere as I don't want to make my prices cheaper, unless parties etc.
Just wondered what other people did. I was thinking about a loyalty card and/or refer a friend, but am more thinking about the general experience and them wanting to stay loyal.
Jen x

consistency !!

Treat clients the same as you did on their first visit.....always go that extra mile...always have the same standards.

My clients tend to be quite open and chatty so i try to remember things we have talked about, for example if a client tells me they are going on holiday next week when they next come for an appointment i try to remember where they went so i can ask them how it was.
Makes it a bit more personal, although its worth pointing out that if they tell me really personal things i dont bring it up at all unless they do.

Hello,
I always treat my clients like i would want to be treated ,be friendly and LISTEN and its not all memememe and always remember they are not my friends but clients i started by taking to much on with them and then there problems then ended up mine then with a client wanting coffee and then freebies so now i keep a distance rightly or wrongly.

caroline

The main reason a lot of people go for treatments, the results aside, is to feel looked after. As adults we rarely get looked after, and it's lovely to have someone plump up your pillow, tuck the towels around your feet to keep them warm, make you a cup of tea and so on. It's all the little things that make a person feel cossetted & safe. Also it's knowing when to talk & when to shut-up, I've heard numerous stories of clients who gave up going to their last therapist because they were fed up of going for a cheer-me-up treat only to be bombarded with tales of woe, boyfriend troubles & so forth. For that reason when I do talk I keep the conversation up-beat & always put on my 'salon-face', i.e. I smile & say everything's wonderful even if I just want to crawl under a rock & die!

consistency !!

Treat clients the same as you did on their first visit.....always go that extra mile...always have the same standards.

Completely agree. I have a loyalty system too, but I make sure after every step in the service I ask the client if they are happy with what I am doing, whether it be the length/shape of the tip, if they are finding it comfortable when I'm removing cuticle, obviously if they are happy with the end result etc. I think it's important, as when I get my hair done, some months I'll have a lovely cut and then the next it all goes out the window and the cut's different/they've taken too much length off, and all that could be remedied by just asking the client at every stage if they are happy with what you've done. hth

Thanks all, very good advice - especially the one about not blabbing on to much. I tend to do that when I get nervous lol x
Thanks again,
Jen x

I used to go to one hairdresser all my life, I went to her since I was a kid. When I reached my twenties I stopped going. The reason was that because she'd known me a long time she took liberties. Id book in with Her, and she'd pass me along to the trainees. Id ask for my hair to be cut one way, she'd cut it the way she thought best.

After one incident when Id booked in with her, she passed me onto a trainee and the trainee cut about 5 inches off my hair when Id asked for a trim I stopped going completely.

Moral of my story is its always best to give all to the customer, regardless of how long you've know them or who they are. It sounds simple but this girl forgot that.

I personally dont like a whole lot of chit chat when Im in for a treatment, I dont really care that much if friend A said to friend B this that or the other Im in for Me, and when Im paying for the time and effort I feel that I should be the centre of the world for that period of time.

That be my opinion from a customers point of view. :green:

:hug:

Im in for Me, and when Im paying for the time and effort I feel that I should be the centre of the world for that period of time.

That be my opinion from a customers point of view. :green:

:hug:

And a very good opinion too, very well put.
Thanks,
Jen x

Latest posts

Back