What do you do when client has no nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOE!

Reaction score
Hi again peeps, i have a lady who lives across the road from me and she is a very severe nail biter, her cuticles and surrounding skin are bloody and in a mess! Anyway i said to her i would give her manicures every week to help improve the skin etc. But she really wants l&p. Some of her fingers havent even got nails! What do i do here?

agree to give her a manicure every week then say that if she keeps her nails in good condition you will put some on in about 4 weeks

Thanks for that, i was jsut wondering what people do when they come across clients that have a nail missing. Do you just leave it free or what?

Hi Zoe,

Take it on hun, because not everybody can just stop biting, it's a bad habit remember that so some people need that little bit of extra help from a great nail tech :)

I have recently done a full set on a sevevre nail biter that really wanted to stop biting her nails so I sculpted a full set for her because her small finger nail was smaller than the well on my smallest tip, so that idea was out the door. I made extra sure that the L&P was flush against the nails because they do get the urge to pick sometimes and I recommended she use her SolarOil twice per day which will sort the open and dry skin around the cuticles in a day!!!! She phoned me 2 days later to say that her Solaroil had healed her broken skin and that her nails were still so beautiful.

Just be extra strict on your nail biters they'll thank you, I promise. One of my lady's who used to bite her nails so bad just recently had her L&P overlays removed by me after 12 weeks and today she has the strongest, most beautiful nails and continues having her manicures with me.

Hope this helps!!

xxxx

well if there is no nail there at all then you can possibly do enhancements, if there is a tiny bit of nail then try to sculpt it but you will have to tell the client that this nail may not last as long as it is that short

i wouldnt do anything other than manicures until she has much healthier nail growth, if her nail beds are like this they would have to very sensitive, applying any kind of enhancement to "nails" like these could possibly irritate them further and the blood factor could be a risk to you.maybe a gel overlay once her nails reappear if ever?

zoeCU said:
Thanks for that, i was jsut wondering what people do when they come across clients that have a nail missing. Do you just leave it free or what?

Hi Zoe,

I had a lady like this last night, see my recent post "My new case study with photo's". This lady had no small finger nail which I had to build up using my forms and my L&P. If you look closely at the photo's you can actually see she has no nail at all!

Sculpting is a great way to sort put these problems I find and it's much quicker!!

xxxx

Thanks ladies! Rose can you put l&p straight onto the skin without having a nail there?

I would assume so as I did this last night with no problem and I also read a post a little while back about a lady who had no toe nail and one of our fellow geeks constructed a nail for her.

I'll see if I can find the thread!

xxxx

Thanks rose, i looked at your pics in another thread and what a transformation, well done! xxx

Latest posts

Back