What Inspired you ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
Right question for today.
What Inspired you to do Nails ?

My reason for going into Nails was- Really the art side of it, I saw a lady wearing these fab enhancements with brill artwork on them and thought
Oh I would love to be able to do that. So off I went to train and have loved it ever since. So thanks go to the lady at the hospital with the fab nails.

I got married and decided pretty much last minute (when 4 of my natural nails had broken) to have my nails done.

I've always loved doing my own natural nails and was fascinated by the enhancement process. Well, from that point on I was hooked!

I saved some money and started learning, and not looked back ever since!

Thank goodness for my husband, if we hadn't have got married, I'd never have experienced having enhancements and never caught the bug!!:Love:

The lady that done my mams nails when I was younger!! I used to go with my mam and sit and watch. :eek: The therapist used to teach me how to give manicures and ever since then I wanted to do it, although it look me a while to get a course!!!

I used to do my own nails, courtesy of being able to buy pro products at Sallys!!!
I got fed up of them looking unprofessionally 'done'.
Then started watching qvc's Special FX programmes, bought quite a bit of their nailart packs.
I was desperate to be a nail tech after that but it did take a while before I finally went on the course. The rest as they say, is history :D
I love it, not always, but most of the time lol.

Great thread Lell xxx

it was actually my boyfreind that suggested it to me. i was so board kids all at school.
so looked on the internet, he booked and payed for the course. and i love it. x

crystals said:
it was actually my boyfreind that suggested it to me. i was so board kids all at school.
so looked on the internet, he booked and payed for the course. and i love it. x

I was fed up with my job - unsociable hours and getting a bad back, was hubby's idea as I'm always getting my nails done and never quite happy with them!!

I had been in field sales for over 5 years and wanted to get out of the rat race.

Wanted to do something artistic, walked past the nail bar I was having my nails done at, thought I fancied that, popped in to see the owner and they took me on as an apprentice ... that was 5 years ago, the rest as they say is history!

I was having my nails done for about a year and was looking for a new job but only wanted to do something I would enjoy.Nail art inspired me as noone I knew did them and the lady i used to go too only did gel and nothing else so I went on a course and am still learning but enjoying,Nail art for me is amazing...LOVE IT.

After spending 14 years in an office and leaving to have my kids, I wanted to find something to do when they went to school. At the time I had lovely strong healthy natural nails through lots of TLC. A friend suggested that I take it up as a career. I decided to train and only do natural nail care. Those of you who remember me from way back when will remember I was one of those spouters of "acrylic nails wreck your nails" LOL.

Through great and extensive training I know the truth and am happy to be an all round nail technician now.

lol, fiona , yeah i can remember when you only did natural nails, that seems like years ago :)
i did my course after my sister had hers done and the tech totally ruined em, she had filed so much of my sisters nail plate off she hardly had any left :eek: , and she'd had lovely natural nails before hand, which she couls have just had overlayed but this tech cut em all down to stick tips on :( , so coz i was already trained in manicure , i went on a course and that was nearly 3 years ago :biggrin:

I always liked estetics, but i decided to go to college and study something completely diferent (Marine Biology), About 3 years ago there was a "blom" of gel nails bars in Portugal and i always wanted to do mine, but they were too expensive. I saw one gel kit for sale in a catalogue and was temped to buy it, but i did some research around the net. I found out that these products weren't very good. I also found out about Essential Nails and their home learn courses, so i thought to myself, hey, i could learn this, do my own nails and still do a few nails to get some extra cash. Then i did a recicling 1 day course with pronails. So far i've invested almost every gain i made out of nails, getting new products, polishes, lamps, an e-file, and i'm now thinking about going into business.

Why? Because my own nails are weak they split and tear easily and so I went and had a set of acrylics done. OMG! I felt amazing - so feminine and my stubby chubby fingers suddenly looked long and elegant. I loved the whole experiance from the smell of the monomer to watching the technician create beautiful nails from what liquid and powder. I was hooked - decided then and there I had to learn how....
KxXx

I had never heard of acrylic nail, never seen any. A friend of mine invited me along to sit with her while she had hers done and I was absolutley hypnotised. My mate left after her appointment but I stayed to watch the next two clients. I signed up for my course a few months later, having never had any on myself! Best thing I ever did.

I am another who had them done for the first time when I got married last year. I LOVED them, having beautiful nails made me feel so feminine and when I had a sign a receipt in a shop I was more than happy to show my nails off!! I too couldn't bear the though of being without them again (my own nails are thin and split, the only time they have ever grown is when I have been pregnant) I decided that the best thing would be for me to learn how to do them. I love doing things with my hands and the joy of seeing a transformed hand makes it worth it every time.

Lellipop said:
Right question for today.
What Inspired you to do Nails ?

My reason for going into Nails was- Really the art side of it, I saw a lady wearing these fab enhancements with brill artwork on them and thought
Oh I would love to be able to do that. So off I went to train and have loved it ever since. So thanks go to the lady at the hospital with the fab nails.

My Mama!!! :Love: and the fact that I got to 'chat' all day to women about beauty and nails and cool stuff that I loved already... what more could a girl ask for?? Oh yeh - a guy who loves nails as much as me!! :o :o

ithe first time i had my nails done was when it was my graduation cos i wanted em to look nice while i was holding me scroll - i had a full set done and that was when i became fascinated by nails then i spent two years trying to decided what course to do (i don't like to rush things)
xx

For me it wasn't what inspired me but WHO? I always loved nails, had the biggest collection of enamels, you wouldn't believe....fiddled with them DAILY....this is my natural nails of course, so I may have had 8 or even 9 beautiful nails at any given time IF I had worked really hard at not doing any HARD WORK of course!!!

THEN I saw an ad for..... (yes that's what they called them then) ARTIFICIAL NAILS!!!!! Whoopee!!!! That's when I met LORRAINE!!!!!!!!!!! (Ladymac)

She changed my life!!!!!....wot the h**l do you mean 'she changed my life' I hear you ask!!!!

Beautiful, long, red, sexy, nails, 10 of them!!!!!

But!!!!!!!! After 7 or 8 years of seeing her every fortnight, and having the best laughs!!!! I needed to decide on a major change of career and lifestyle (don't ask!) She casually slips in to the conversation, why don't you learn how to do nails, I can teach you, I'm an Educator for Creative!!!!!

She has no idea what an inspiration she was, throughout my training, immediately afterwards and in the 8 years since! The day I became a Creative Educator myself I dedicated my awards to her as my mentor but she still has no idea how she changed my life!!!!!!!!! She will probably not see this, she's not a regular geek, but if she did I know she would absolutely CRINGE with embarressment, but hey-ho, she needs to know!!!

Well I saw the course last sept at college and I thought it would be a great way to make a quick buck on the side (shame on me :o )

Didn't take long until I was hooked!!!! :Love:

xxxxx

i was never interested in nails...never had them done until a friend said she knew a nail technician ,would i fancy a set as a couple of her friends where going round her house, so the nail technician could do us in a job lot......and thats where i met PAULA1973.....and was absolutely fasinated, i was a two week customer come what may...i absolutely adored my new talons i had never had them before.......she even was a sweatheart to my boys especially the youngest who was a toddler....and thats it i wanted to be as clever and talented as her...it fasinated me.........there we go love ya paula poo :Love:
that was 4 years ago

Necessity ............

Had my nails done as a gift in the USA - LOVED them - and knew that I couldn't get them maintained in the UK so decided to do them myself (without a class!! Shock horror).

Bought all the stuff in the USA (courtesy of a naughty Nail Technician who let me use her card at Sally's (where there is a will there is a way) and returned to the UK armed and dangerous.

Never actually thought of doing anyone else's until Samantha (Mrs Geek) begged me to do hers (15 years old) then all her friends and their mums and their cousins friends and Aunts Etc ... in 3 months I was in Business (THEN I went on a course:biggrin: ) ... it was pants at teaching me how to actually create the nails, but I did learn a thing or two about sanitation etc :eek: !

My curiosity got the better of me and - I had to know everything ! Thus started the 'learning quest' which has never really stopped. 20 years later and still learning. Had I not been able to grow with this business, I would have been bored out of my brains long ago. that's my story peeps.

Latest posts

Back