What is your religion?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chloester

Reaction score
i myself do not have a religion. i was brought up protestant but find it hard to believe in god though i wish i could
i still find all religions fascinating, i love looking them up and reading their beliefs and stories, its beautiful.

please do not argue with each other i merely want to see the variety of religions on the site :hug:

I wasn't brought up with religion, I do not attend any form of worship. Basically I am an atheist. However, that doesn't mean I'm against religion. Whatever makes you happy. I also think I follow Christian values, I just don't believe in the church and God. I love visiting old historic churches for their architecture, some are simply stunning.

... Please let's not have war of words .... Lol ...
I do believe that religion causes problems dating back to BC ... Most wars are about religion ....
Which I don't still understand when we are meant to : love thy neighbour .... !!!

I'm catholic, my parents are Italian, and moved to England in the 1950's... I was born in 1972 - We went to church every Sunday. When i went to a catholic high sch, because we had mass at Sch, I didn't have to go every Sunday, just one a month...
I don't go to church now, very very occasionally - I still hold my catholic views, but I don't think that to be a good person You have to go to church,
(iv met many so called religious people who are not very nice or good in fact are very horrible) ... Going to church or practising a faith does not make you a nice person... X

I was not Christened as my parents said it would be our choice when we were older.
I do believe in god and would love to get christened which I've looked into for me and my daughter xx

I was christened and confirmed at a Church of England I also went to a c of e school and was married in a c of e church that has the longest isle in Essex. I believe in God but I don't go to church.

I was brought up to believe in God and I remember going to Sunday school and bible class but not to Church and saying our prayers at night before bed and thanking the Lord before meals. I was Christened when I was a baby. Although I still believe, I don't pray or go to church. My OH is a non practising Mormon and still believes and lives by certain rules of his faith but doesn't attend church or meetings. I don't spend much of my time on it to be honest but when my dad passed away I did feel slightly better knowing that he'd gone to a better place and he would now be in good hands - that was quite comforting for me.

I worship at the church of evolutionary theory and proven science :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was christened catholic as a baby, my grandparents were VERY catholic, my great gran was so involved with the church there were 11 priests officiating at her funeral and loads of nuns! Was v scary for a 7yr old! We got a letter off the pope as well.
When I moved to Greece and was to marry a Greek I chose to be baptised Greek Orthodox so that we could marry in his church.
It also meant I could be godmother to my beautiful god children who are Greek.
In Greece the godparents play a massive role in the children's lives and are highly respected. You pay for the privilege as well, god parents pay for the baptism and all the hoo ha that goes with it, they have to have a certain set of clothes, a certain cross and chain, a decorated candle etc etc I paid about 500e per child. So you only do it if your serious.
We also massively celebrate Easter rather than Christmas. It's great. We also have rules for being in mourning and having a baby, it's always 40 days before you can do anything.
I'm proud to be Greek Orthodox. And as it's a branch of Catholicism in a way it didn't cause up roar in the family :)
Plus i got these 2 beauty's from converting ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398464644.249274.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

anyone who knows me knows I'm a dunder head and spend a fortune praying to Saint Anthony who as soon as I put money in the poor box.....finds what I have lost....( have to pay up or he won't help)

so ...praying , handing up money and a feeling of guilt ...hmmm

I was christened and attended c of e schools but I find it too hard to believe so I'm an atheist, it seems too far fetched to believe in it, but I'm not against others being religious and in respectful of peoples beliefs xxx

I'm not religious at all, but as said I have nothing against it. I lived in a very catholic Asian country for four years and although I attended an international school, I was forced to take communion, attend mass and learn the Lord's Prayer ! Although with my teenage outspoken attitude, I made it quite clear how unhappy I was about it! 😳

I've written the Bible numerous times.

Because I was naughty at school.

The end.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm Christian orthodox and was Christened when I was 9 months old. I do have faith in god and I am pretty religious, I used to go to church every Sunday but like someone else said you don't have to go to church to be a good person.
I still go sometimes but I strongly believe in keeping faith to yourself, not preaching, and not having to go church every Sunday to be "religious"

I don't believe everything the church says, I believe in god not religion.

I worship at the church of evolutionary theory and proven science :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Eh? :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

The end.

Loved that!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was christened church of England. I went through a period of not believing (I still have my doubts about some things)
We did have a good giggle at my nephews methodist church christening 9 years ago- god parents went as follows I was the athiest (auntie), (uncle) my husbands dad's side of the family are egyptian muslims tho hubby isn't, but at one point his mum took him to catholic church, spiritualist church and then dabbled with the mormons, other uncle his family are Jewish and other auntie was C of E. A diverse bunch ;)
My 8 year old loves religion (learned through his non religious school) and really wants to be 'baptised' with his baby bro.
I still laugh when hubby looks agog at me when I know the words to The Lords Prayer and our Sam laughs his head off because I remember all the harvest festival hymns- twas a brownie, girl guide and Sunday school girl don'cha know ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

The end.

Why does this not surprise me ... Naughty Virtues ... Lol ... <3

I'm an atheist.
I think religion is just a way of controlling people.x

I'm not religious what so ever.

I was christened at 3 months old, but it doesn't really mean anything to me. My parents aren't that religious either, they may have been more so when I was younger.

There's a saying something along the lines of 'If just one person believes something it's insanity, if 1000,000 people believe something it's religion'

I have Jehovah's Witness' in my family, one whom turned to religion after a very bad life, due to drugs. So in that aspect it really helped.

Laura xx

Just apply science to it. Millions of people get great comfort from beliefs. They spend their whole lives believing in something no one has really ever seen. (Apart from a face on a piece of toast) I've never grasped the one God and a thousand different religions all fighting and killing through different beliefs. I don't want it shoved down my throat I must say but equally apart from this I have very little to say about it.

Latest posts

Back