What marketing has worked well for you ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayt

Reaction score
Hi All

I took part in our town summer fair the other day it cost me £15.00 for the stall. I had a offer on spray tan to be booked with the week, to be taken by the end of July, I also offered shape and polish on the day for £5.00. I am really surprised at how well this has worked for me. So my question is, what marketing have you done that worked well for you

:lol:

Finally setting up my website and encouraging people to check it regularly by posting special offers/promotions on it . .
they then tell friends, colleagues, relations, etc etc and hey presto - more business coming into the salon!

My Partner does signs & signage and he vinyled my car with my business name, number, logo, a special offer and logos of the companies i use that was last thursday night by friday at 3pm i'd had 4 bookings from it and i'd only been at his work, and on monday 1 lady followed me home from the shops to get a business card & price list! I couldn't believe how quick i've got responses i've had more success at doing this than leaflet drops!

I am on the first floor so I don't have a window front on the main street, so I bought a waterproof acrylic leaflet holder and always have it full of my price list/brochures. I recieve so many new clients from this alone that I don't often pay for specific marketing!

Networking has brought me a significant percentage of business. As has making friends with the women's editor of the local newspaper!

Finally setting up my website and encouraging people to check it regularly by posting special offers/promotions on it . .
they then tell friends, colleagues, relations, etc etc and hey presto - more business coming into the salon!

Ditto I also keep my web site updated with offers, news of new services and products. I've found that using this online booking system thingy my husband found, my clients are seeing my offers etc all the time when they go online and book their appointment, they even book more than they went on their for!!

The system is called www.appointment-diary if you fancy having a look, they even have a free demo for you to try.

Hi All

I took part in our town summer fair the other day it cost me £15.00 for the stall. I had a offer on spray tan to be booked with the week, to be taken by the end of July, I also offered shape and polish on the day for £5.00. I am really surprised at how well this has worked for me. So my question is, what marketing have you done that worked well for you

:lol:

Don't forget to market to your existing customers aswell, get their details and tell them when you are doing promotions etc (don't do it too often though :) )

Go for a consistent brand image too - use the same logo and colour scheme on your business cards, brochures, flyers and website - and go for something that looks slick, professional and stands out from the crowd.
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back