What rates for self employed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mspiggy18

Reaction score
hi one of my members off staff has handed her notice in to go self employed, im considering offering her this at my salon, what are standard day rates? or percentage rates if you provide the products? Any help would be greatly received!

They would either pay you a daily or weekly rate for renting the chair or you split a % of their takings. It's normally 40/60% with the 60% going to whoever provides products. Daily rates can vary depending on area and location. Consider if you are a busy high street or in a little local shopping parade with less footfall? Average is between £40-£50 but Would be more in central London and prob less the further north you go.
They would need their own liability insurance and set their own working hours. I think a daily or weekly rate is easier to manage then a % as you know exactly what income you will be getting each week regardless of if they take time off here and there although with a % you could potentially make more in busy weeks but less when quiet.

Latest posts

Back