What the Hell is Monty Python???????????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glittergirl

Blingin' Brummie Geek
Reaction score
Well just looking at the new quizes and i had a go at the Monty Python one "whats all that about"?

I thought it was gunna be questions about snakes.

What is Monty Python????????????????????????????????????

By the way got a sad score of 3 out of 13 :o

omg showing my age here!! lol. Monty python is hilarious! if you ever get the chance to watch it on TV WATCH IT!! John Cleese is in it (do you know the one out of Fawlty Towers?) if not WATCH THAT TOO!! pmsl x

I've seen faulty Towers so its a program Oh!

I was expecting a quiz about snakes and it asks who said such and such and i'm like huh?

glittergirl said:
I've seen faulty Towers so its a program Oh!

I was expecting a quiz about snakes and it asks who said such and such and i'm like huh?
Aww bless ya Jodie .... now I feel really old!
I went to see 'Life Of Brian' at the flix several times when it was out. It still cracks me up when I watch it now... O.H doesnt share my humour... he just finds it funny to watch me ...watching it!

My Niece is like that i find the likes of Chris Rock, Richard Preyer and Peter kay etc funny but my neice doesnt and when i'm sitting wetting myself so is she but shes not laughing because she finds them funny shes laughing at me laughing dunno why!

she goes bright red and starts crying its really funny.

I'm affraid I'm joining the mouldy oldies here! Monty Python is just one of the best classic comedy's ever!!! Just my kinda sense of humour. (Twisted!)

I think the closest present day comedy to it is probably stuff like The Fast show, League of Gentlemen and Little Britain, which I'm going to see in December! Whoooopppeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soz got a bit carried away there!:D :D :D

iv'e got a foot in both camps here, i'm old enough to know what monty python is, but i cant stand it, so i know very little about it. in fact i know more about real pythons, coz i had one for ten years or so ! ;)

I love monty python my dad took us to see the holy grail at the drive in when I was 5 my mum nearly died not appropriate viewing for a 5yr old! but I loved it and have had a slightly warped sense of humour ever since.
Sam

Monty Python was a unique type of humour that was years ahead of it time.
Love the song always look on the bright side of life.......Da Da, Da Da, Da da da :D

Bwian? He's not coming out...... he's been a very naughty boy.....

Badgers noses, getem while they're hot they're lovely

Of course they're Juniper berries, it's a Juniper bush

Need I go on????????

"Nurse its time for my smarties"!!!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin:

Debz xxx

That parrot is dead - it has ceased to be ......... Jodie bless ya hun, you must have heard of that sketch it's an absolute classic. My mum wouldn't let me stay up and watch it as it was after my bedtime, but I saw the repeats when I was older. And wasn't it with Monty Python that John Cleese did his wonderful Ministry of Silly Walks?

... have to say though I was more of a Kenny Everett girl myself! (please say you've heard of HIM, or I'm going to pass myself off as Crusty Geek!)

I used to love watching him of an afteroon(here in oz)loved capt kremen!
sam:o

Sam a man after my own heart. Monty python was the orginal comedy store. they did unny sketches and not one would be the same. Then they bought out Monty Python and the holy grail and Life of Brian hich are classic cult comedy films. If you havent seen them get them out o your local blockbusters and watch they are hillarious.

Sassy i remember being told i couldnt watch the parrot sketch and sitting on the stairs listening to my mum crying with laughter. All my kids love MP
HTH

sam1 said:
I used to love watching him of an afteroon(here in oz)loved capt kremen!
sam:o

OOh yeah, Captain Kremen, and wasn't his side kick called Carla?

Sassy Hassy said:
OOh yeah, Captain Kremen, and wasn't his side kick called Carla?
... it was Sid Snot for me :D

angel fingers said:
iv'e got a foot in both camps here, i'm old enough to know what monty python is, but i cant stand it, so i know very little about it. in fact i know more about real pythons, coz i had one for ten years or so ! ;)

I'm not the only one!!!!! LOL Old enough to know about it but just not my type of comedy - AND I had 2 Royal Pythons...... one called (bet ya can't guess?????).....MONTY and the other called STRIKE (cos it was the nastiest tempered Royal Python I have ever known and it went for you even when you walked past the vivarium!

Monty Pythoin is SO popular though, I never thought I'd see the day when someone asked what is was! LMAO (no offense to Glittergirl!)

Jackie

Get this - Dexter's favorite movie of all time is - Holy Grail.

He runs around the house skipping around as if he is on a horse. When in Florida last year on holiday we got some coconut shells. Whenever we want him to move it (you know how kids can be sometimes ;) ) we simply start clapping them together and he assumes the stance and gallops forward!

The real classic though is when he stands in the kitchen doorway with his plastic sword and an evil look on his face. Furrowed brow and tilted head he looks up to you and says 'None shall pass'. You then need to act out the entire scene with him before you can get into the kitchen.

No offense taken Jackie.

I can't beleive i'm the only Geek not to of heard of him i know who John Cleese is suppose i better get myself down to blockbusters then.

I love monty python!
I remember watching the meaning of life (the machine that goes 'beep!') when i was quite young (too young) and my parents turned it off at the sex education bit! i didnt understood why back then cos it wasnt on long enough, but watched it when i was older and soon understood then!!!!

Sassy Hassy said:
That parrot is dead - it has ceased to be ......... Jodie bless ya hun, you must have heard of that sketch it's an absolute classic. My mum wouldn't let me stay up and watch it as it was after my bedtime, but I saw the repeats when I was older. And wasn't it with Monty Python that John Cleese did his wonderful Ministry of Silly Walks?

... have to say though I was more of a Kenny Everett girl myself! (please say you've heard of HIM, or I'm going to pass myself off as Crusty Geek!)

Oh, yes i remember Kenny Everett (in the best possible taste!!!), also remember Monty Python (my Dad was a huge fan of it) i still love Fawlty Towers. Do you all remember The Goodies (Goodies, goody, goody, gumdrops!!!)

Ohhhhh going slightly mad, can't wait for Doctor Who tonight!!!

Latest posts

Back