What to offer next? unsure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxie

Reaction score
hi I work mobile and offer all level 2 treatments.

I really cant decide what to train for next to offer.

I am interested in

Minx
Shellac
Intimate waxing using hot wax
CND foundation nails
Indian head
Reflexology
swedish back massage
threading

obviously i have to save up to pay for training bit by bit but dont know what to go for.

Hi Roxie,
Can you tell me what is covered in your Level 2? I was looking at your list of the treatments you are thinking of training for and massage was on it.
Massage is a fantastic way of making money especially if you do it well!!! :)
If you have already achieved an anatomy & physiology (A & P) module then learning swedish massage shouldnt take too long, however if you have not passed A & P then this would need to be done before learning any massage techniques.
Nails are also a money maker and Ive heard good things about Minx and Shellac.

Hope this helps a little.

Shellac and minx, if it were me. :)

def minx for the summer :green:

cheers for your reply guys.

I was think minx but other mobile therapists dont offer this and not many salons so i dont know if there is much call for it in my area. Maybe this could work to my advantage.

Hi Roxie,
Can you tell me what is covered in your Level 2? I was looking at your list of the treatments you are thinking of training for and massage was on it.
Massage is a fantastic way of making money especially if you do it well!!! :)
If you have already achieved an anatomy & physiology (A & P) module then learning swedish massage shouldnt take too long, however if you have not passed A & P then this would need to be done before learning any massage techniques.
Nails are also a money maker and Ive heard good things about Minx and Shellac.

Hope this helps a little.

Hi massage should come of my treatment list as i dont offer back massage anymore and never have done it on anyone. I was learning it but didnt carry on with my level 3 because the college wasnt very good and the young 'uns just wanted to mess around there.

I would love to do massage again but i do need to do my A & P but courses are so expensive for it.

Also to come off my treatment list is gel nails as i did a course and after reading up on things on here i realised the certificate i got for doing them wasnt worth the paper it was written on. ( stupid me had already paid for and done course then came on salon geek)

i would say go for cnd foundation nails and shellac :). or what about spray tanning? or eyelash extensions? see what people in your area are in demand for? you could maybe get a little survey together and ask local people to fill it in with questions such as, what is you favourite treatment to have done? is there anything you would like to have done that nobody offers at the minute etc.
x

The reaon I would opt for shellac and minx, if you were interested in offering nail type treatments, is that I feel you'd see a quicker return on your investments than by doing the foundation training first. Unless you're really fortunate, you would need to be practising for far longer before you'd have a truly marketable new service to offer with that one.

Before anyone jumps up and down, I'm not suggesting 'Not' doing the foundation course, but by doing the other two first you could be already servicing clients whilst getting to grips with l&p etc. :)

The reaon I would opt for shellac and minx, if you were interested in offering nail type treatments, is that I feel you'd see a quicker return on your investments than by doing the foundation training first. Unless you're really fortunate, you would need to be practising for far longer before you'd have a truly marketable new service to offer with that one.

Before anyone jumps up and down, I'm not suggesting 'Not' doing the foundation course, but by doing the other two first you could be already servicing clients whilst getting to grips with l&p etc. :)

cheers deena this totally makes sense thank you for your advice.

Also am i right in saying that you need Minx training but not shellac?

i would say go for cnd foundation nails and shellac :). or what about spray tanning? or eyelash extensions? see what people in your area are in demand for? you could maybe get a little survey together and ask local people to fill it in with questions such as, what is you favourite treatment to have done? is there anything you would like to have done that nobody offers at the minute etc.
x

cheers for your reply hun i think nails are deffo the way to go for me.

eyelash extensions are too expensive for people around my route to afford unless i did them for a stupid price which i dont want to do.

cheers deena this totally makes sense thank you for your advice.

Also am i right in saying that you need Minx training but not shellac?

You're welcome, there's method in my madness!! :lol:

I think there were/are classes for both. Just contact SS for details.

I watched the cnd video for minx and had my toes done in a creative salon. I picked up enough to do them from that <plus reading up on here> and have only done them on myself since, as I'm not a working tech. As for shellac, I read the application method on here and away I went. Simples!! :lol:

so you dont need a certificate for insurance then.

I can just pick it up as i go on?

No, I don't think so. An appropriate mani/pedi one will suffice, I think? :)

No you dont need a seperate certificate for minx.

Of the choices you gave personally I would take up the Minx. It doesnt require a huge financial outlay. You dont have to buy the whole kit and you dont have to buy the lamp from CND.

All you need to get started is a few of the most popular designs and an infra red lamp that is the right strength which you can pick up fairly cheaply.

Minx has a very good profit margin and is a relatively unmessy service to perform.

cheers i think i might go for minx then

Latest posts

Back