What would you say were the advantages & disadvantages of your brand of wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I initially trained using the PHD System with a private company when I first started out waxing.. but how do you girls go on with the tubes and the heat.. I couldn't handle the heat in my hands at all so switched to roller soon after .... but then to pot and spatula soon after that as the roller felt too hot too for me too lol!!!

:hug:

I initially trained using the PHD System with a private company when I first started out waxing.. but how do you girls go on with the tubes and the heat.. I couldn't handle the heat in my hands at all so switched to roller soon after .... but then to pot and spatula soon after that as the roller felt too hot too for me too lol!!!

:hug:

Ive always bought the squidgy rubber holders that go round the tube so it only ever feels warm to me, but I can imagine it would burn my hand off if I didn't use it !

Absolutely hated phd.

Pointless - but tidy. Too long to heat for mobile. Pain if you wanted to do just an brow wax.

Not liking Hive lemon zest - very poor. Leaves lots of bits but easy to apply.

Loved Hive tea tree oil wax.

Years ago in a salon we used Oritree - a cream wax and it was fab then - is it still around?

Years ago in a salon we used Oritree - a cream wax and it was fab then - is it still around?

It's definitely still around! I've seen it somewhere recently... maybe Beauty Express?

I use PHD, can't comment on anything else because i have only ever used phd. I love it, goes on easy and quickly heats up in only 15 mins, and removes pretty much all hairs. Do prefer the tea tree wax to the honey though as the honey is very feint and hard to see in some lights!!!

When I started intimate waxing, I used Clean and Easy Brazilian Hard Wax and tbh, I was reasonably happy with it for a couple of years. Interestingly, I think Clean and Easy changed the formula during this time, because when I first started using it, it sometimes went brittle, then I suddenly started having the opposite problem, it was taking ages to set! However, when I attended the first Geeky Waxing Workshop in July last year with Axiom, I converted to Perron Rigot. I started using Euroblonde non strip and Green Tea strip on a regular basis.

I had problems with Thalgo though... very often, my order would arrive incomplete and I found this incredibly frustrating! I wouldn't have minded so much if they had told me a product was out of stock, because then I would have been straight on to it, sourcing from another supplier, but waiting a few days for an order to arrive to find half of it missing... gggrrrrrrrr!

So, a few months ago I switched to Reference, which I have to say, is incredibly similar to Perron Rigot's Essential Rose and Eurose, except that it is lavender scented.

One of the things I liked about Perron Rigot, over Clean and Easy, is the fact that it comes in pellets. It is so much easier to keep topping up rather than worrying about how much you have left in your tin and having time to melt a whole new tin. Reference also comes in tins, although they are full rather than empty and you can also buy it in bags for topping up, so that's perfect.

Other brands of non strip wax, I have yet to try, are Lycon and Depileve. Both new generation, so probably both equally as good as PR and Reference. And I am also looking forward to trying Berins, am starting to succumb to the hype and now can't wait to get my hands on some :green:

For roller waxing, I use Salon Systems. I find although it's a honey wax it has a creamy consistency. (If that makes sense! It doesn't harden too quickly.) And for strip I'm currently using Hive Gold. It's economical and does the job. Although, again, I'm looking forward to trying Ease as it sounds like it will be good for speed waxing, i.e. to cover a large area at a time.

Happy Waxing Geeks :)

Last edited:
Reference- I've not heard of that one... I'm off to google it.

Just as good as PR you say, Is there much in it price wise?

Reference- I've not heard of that one... I'm off to google it.

Just as good as PR you say, Is there much in it price wise?

I'll pm you about that :)

Hi Pinky
You seem an expert and I like your style! Can you tell me if the wax treatments you use have animal ingredients in or are tested on animals or could you recommend a system that is cruelty free if there are any on the market. Sorry this has nothing to do with your thread, but I have found it interesting to read any way!:p

Hi Pinky
You seem an expert and I like your style! Can you tell me if the wax treatments you use have animal ingredients in or are tested on animals or could you recommend a system that is cruelty free if there are any on the market. Sorry this has nothing to do with your thread, but I have found it interesting to read any way!:p

I test all my waxes on animals! You should see the hairy beasts that walk through my door! :biggrin:

On a serious note I'll email you about the animal testing as i don't want to be seen as recommending brands on this thread xxx

Last edited:
I have tried quite a few out since qualifying 18 months ago:-

Non Strip Wax:-
Trained in college using traditional hot wax (not sure of brand)-didn't like-too hot-hard to control temp, if not at right consistency went brittle and difficult to remove-only suilable for strong hairs.
Hive film wax-better than hot as much cooler-easier to control temp-I found I had to use this thicker than it was designed to to get the best results-suitable for strong and finner hairs.
Perron rigot Euroblond-love this-same temp as Hive but able to use much thinner-great for strong hairs, this has given me the best result for fine facial hairs.

Strip Wax:-
Traditional honey in college (not sure of brand)-not bad (for a trainee)-comfortable temp-a bit too sticky-used this on all growth.
Gigi honey-like this-comfortable temp-easy to control-spreads thin-a bit too sticky-have to use woven strips-have used this on course and fine hairs of all lengths.
Gigi facial-I found this the same as honey!
Hive gold pink sensitive-like this-cooler than honey-easy to control-spreads thicker than honey-not sticky-use with non woven strips-not as good for very fine or longer hairs

Roller Wax:-
Hive honey-like this-difficult to contol temp-spreads thin-suitable for larger areas eg legs.
Hive tee tree-didn't like-difficult to control temp-spreads too thick.

I hope this has helped.
Bye for now

I test all my waxes on animals! You should see the hairy beasts that walk through my door! :biggrin:

On a serious note I'll email you about the animal testing as i don't want to be seen as recommending brands on this thread xxx

Hiya,
Just found this post. Any chance you could email me the info above too? Thanks x

I'm not going to be much use to this site so really not worth me commenting. I have enjoyed reading the posts though .. however I would just like to say. . You guys are fabulous. .I'm qualified in waxing but don't practice. .is not my favourite service at all. .. and as for intimate waxing. ..I feel a *faint* coming on. ..!! Ewwww.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have used Australian Bodycare tea tree wax since I trained and love it. Nice creamy consistency, picks up all the hair.

I tried Crystal Ocean and can't get on with it at all.

Love Euroblonde for bikini, underarm and upper lip and chin waxing!

I personally use Perron Rigot men's wax the blue/green one for my bikini line.

Hi,

Just found this thread while searching for cruelty free and vegan waxing options - would you be able to PM me these details ?!

Thanks

Hi,

Just found this thread while searching for cruelty free and vegan waxing options - would you be able to PM me these details ?!

Thanks

The quoted poster hasn't logged into this site since 2011, so you may prefer to create a new thread instead?

Latest posts

Back