What's best for wrinkles?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rippersroo

Reaction score
Hi
I'm getting wrinkly!! I had my first facial Saturday and really liked it. It wasn't for anything in particular just that me and the lady are trading treatments.
I once had a little treatment which felt like loads of rotating pins in my forehead but don't know what it was called and never had more of them.
Anyway what can I do to get rid of wrinkles? I know a lady that had some sort of filler for her frown lines years ago and it's stayed perfectly! Is this or Botox the only answer??
At the moment I've got a no.7 cream and I've tried a Clinique one for pigmentation and nip+fab which smelt horrible.
I've been looking at local salons that do microdermabrasion-what is it? And are anti-aging facials any good? I want something instant! I hope you can advise.x

Try a CACI Ultra facial if somewhere in your area does it. It's amazing - the wrinkle comb using microcurrent & red light therapy to pump collagen so will iron out wrinkles.
It's an amazing facial and I've had some really great results with my clients :)
Amy

It's a difficult one. I've worked with some high end products and have seem people spend a lot of money on products, use them religiously and although I've seen improved skin texture/tone/hydration there has been minimal to no results on there actual wrinkles (despite what before and after pictures show lol) I guess it depends on how deep your wrinkles are. I would recommend either a course of CACI treatments or find a reputable physician and go for a consultation. I've never worked with CACI but from what I've seen the courses can be quite pricey (correct me if I'm wrong) much more than an area of botox or filler. You will see immediate results with both but I would say you would see more of a result from the botox/filler route.

I've had botox in my forehead as I can see lines appearing now and from what I've been told, by starting now it will hopefully reduce the amount of wrinkles I get in the future (getting the injections regularly) as it's paralysing the muscle.

You could also look into facial peels carried out by a physician. I was looking into the obagi range, which seemed to have good results, I don't know wether they have a website with a finder on there for you to find a clinic close to you. Xx

Try having a look at Skeyndor, their facials are brilliant - our clients love them, theres different treatments depending on what you want doing xx

I will always advocate that what you use on your skin 24/7 is what will make the biggest difference. Sadly, people use tat on their skin, and expect a couple of facials to undo years of sun damage, sleeping in make up, alcohol, smoking etc.
I'm not saying that this is you, only you know the answer to that. I would recommend using an excellent skincare range like Environ. Take advantage of the skin events that Environ salons provide, and actually see the differences it can make. I have many clients a year older with less lines and wrinkles, with photographic evidence. Follow this up with facials - Environ/microcurrent etc.
In our salon we offer several facials, so after a consultation are able to make recommendations. If someone wants a quick fix facial, as in 'I need to look hot for Saturday night' we recommend a Silhouette Dermafusion - a muscle lifting treatment with a collagen mask/ampoules etc. After having one, I sold 2 courses the next day based on how great my skin looked - both clients asked if I had had surgery!
I have clients who have had botox, and unfortunately if your skin condition is shot, it still looks shot, but lines and wrinkles are softened!

Vicki x

A loss of subcutaneous fat, gravity and repeated facial movement can cause wrinkles. The reduction of muscle mass, skin thickness and dehydration are also contributing factors to these visible lines on the surface of the skin. The only way to slow down the ageing process is to wear sunscreen, every day, even when it is raining.
Exfoliating and moisturising will help to diminish the signs of wrinkles however no treatment or product will un-do the damage or 'get rid' of wrinkles :(

A loss of subcutaneous fat, gravity and repeated facial movement can cause wrinkles. The reduction of muscle mass, skin thickness and dehydration are also contributing factors to these visible lines on the surface of the skin. The only way to slow down the ageing process is to wear sunscreen, every day, even when it is raining.
Exfoliating and moisturising will help to diminish the signs of wrinkles however no treatment or product will un-do the damage or 'get rid' of wrinkles :(

I'll beg to differ.
High levels of Vitamin A have fantastic results on the skin, resulting in diminished lines and wrinkles, as has needling. Microcurrent will help to tighten sagging skin and lots of products will improve the superficial appearance!

Vicki x

Thankyou
My local salon does caci I'm going to look into it-is it pronounced cacky or Casey?haha not sure!!
Also miss lease-what is the cost of Botox? Would you say if you had a lot of lines this would increase the price?
X

I'll beg to differ.
High levels of Vitamin A have fantastic results on the skin, resulting in diminished lines and wrinkles, as has needling. Microcurrent will help to tighten sagging skin and lots of products will improve the superficial appearance!

Vicki x

I agree, that they can be diminished and improved but nothing will 'get rid' !

Thankyou
My local salon does caci I'm going to look into it-is it pronounced cacky or Casey?haha not sure!!
Also miss lease-what is the cost of Botox? Would you say if you had a lot of lines this would increase the price?
X

Casey. ..ha ha... most people call it cacky though. .. makes me smile and giggle every time. .. excellent results with Caci and will stand behind squidgernetball with the environ products. Amazing...! And yes my business is predominantly Caci and environ.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thankyou
X

It's pronounced 'casey' :lol: :hug:

Thankyou
X

It's normally around 125-180 per area for botox and 185 upwards for filler from my experience. I have one area which is my forehead, but depending on where the lines are the forehead can be classed as 2 areas (in between the the eyebrows and along the eyebrows and then above which is where I have mine) but most places will do a free consultation with you so you can look around and find someone you feel comfortable with and trust, also make sure you do your research and look into there work.

micro needling is also something to look into which I've heard is quite effect as squidgernetball suggested, I've never fancied this myself as I'm not good with pain and looks quite scary...but I am a wuss xxx

Thankyou miss lease I've had a look and Botox is from £150 a lady who is quite near me does it. She also does something for skin damage-I am freckly but was born with them (I think)
And virtues and spa therapist- obviously i was calling it cacky haha. Same with that nail thing opi I was saying it as a word but I saw a beautician on Saturday and she was saying it as seperate letter!haha
Thanks everyone I have a lot of research to do for tomorrow. Do any of you think the microdermabrasion may help or is that more a long term treatment? A salon near me does it for £55 (deluxe) or £45 normal.x

Thankyou miss lease I've had a look and Botox is from £150 a lady who is quite near me does it. She also does something for skin damage-I am freckly but was born with them (I think)
And virtues and spa therapist- obviously i was calling it cacky haha. Same with that nail thing opi I was saying it as a word but I saw a beautician on Saturday and she was saying it as seperate letter!haha
Thanks everyone I have a lot of research to do for tomorrow. Do any of you think the microdermabrasion may help or is that more a long term treatment? A salon near me does it for £55 (deluxe) or £45 normal.x

I don't go too much on Microdermabrasion as a treatment although I offer it to my clients that don't need Environ, although to be fair they are very few and far between. Environ have home needling kits which when used with their products produce excellent results. The home needling kits allow product into the skin 10k times more than fingers alone, and if combined with their in salon facial treatments the skin looks years younger, plumped and rejuvinated. ....Failing that Ripper....you must have a steam iron? ha ha (JOKE)

Virtues it may come to that!!! I've searched my local salons can't find anywhere offering this environ.
Will have to look further afield.
Is micro needling maybe what I had before (as explained in my first post?)x

Virtues it may come to that!!! I've searched my local salons can't find anywhere offering this environ.
Will have to look further afield.
Is micro needling maybe what I had before (as explained in my first post?)x

Definitely not! Needling is done with application of a topical anaesthetic - this is not a relaxing facial, but an invasive treatment that draws blood (not an erythema, proper blood) to the surface of the skin. It isn't for the faint hearted, but the results can be excellent.

I'm not a fan of Botox, as I think excellent skincare and regular facials can work wonders, but I do home needling which is a lot less invasive than the salon treatment and gives great results.

If you definitely want to go down the Botox route, do your research. There are salons local to me offering "Half Price Botox". Ask around and get recommendations!

Vicki x

Thanks Vicki. It's definately something I'll have to save up for anyway.
I found these on amazon....good reviews, do any of you know about these products? And what are your views please? For a combination price of £40 they maybe seem to good to be true. But the reviews are so good.x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390916654.283247.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390916664.399605.jpg

I read 'your skin factory,' and it was about how vitamin A can improve skin; the before and afters pictures in it are amazing!

Thanks Vicki. It's definately something I'll have to save up for anyway.
I found these on amazon....good reviews, do any of you know about these products? And what are your views please? For a combination price of £40 they maybe seem to good to be true. But the reviews are so good.x

If you want to risk it, it's up to you. I can't comment as I've never used them and to be honest, never would. When you are putting something like that on your skin, you really need to be sure it's from a reputable source - needles not falling out as you're rollering, correct metal used, needles sharp not blunt etc!

Excellent reviews are easy enough to fabricate I would have thought!
Having said that, if you do go ahead, let us know how you get on!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't trust that sort of thing from Amazon to be honestx

Latest posts

Back