What's the best gel polish and LED lamp to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c_dog_22

Reaction score
Hi folks just new to salongeek so please be kind! I recently did a course in gel polish and was looking for some advice. Iv been using Crystal G gel polish purely due to the reasonable price and the range of gorgeous colours, along with a uv lamp from sallys. I done a few friends nails the other day and within a day a couple of the nails had chipped and a few had peeled off entirely. I normally had no issues with the Crystal g polish but now iv been put off. Is it the lamp wasn't strong enough?or is crystal g not very good? Help!! Can anyone recommend a decent led lamp and brands of gel polish? Iv not long started out as a mobile spray tanner and want to add gel polish to my clients so want to offer a high professional standard. Thanks for help guys
Claire xox

I'd recommend IBD gels, they are very reasonable, colour range is amazing and they are easy to apply/remove. There's a thread on here with swatches if you want a peek. As for an LED lamp go for a good name - I have OPI and Essie - you will pay more but the results will be good and they will last you. Good luck in your choices :biggrin:

Thanks for your help Barbara ill defo look into what you've recommended :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi folks just new to salongeek so please be kind! I recently did a course in gel polish and was looking for some advice. Iv been using Crystal G gel polish purely due to the reasonable price and the range of gorgeous colours, along with a uv lamp from sallys. I done a few friends nails the other day and within a day a couple of the nails had chipped and a few had peeled off entirely. I normally had no issues with the Crystal g polish but now iv been put off. Is it the lamp wasn't strong enough?or is crystal g not very good? Help!! Can anyone recommend a decent led lamp and brands of gel polish? Iv not long started out as a mobile spray tanner and want to add gel polish to my clients so want to offer a high professional standard. Thanks for help guys
Claire xox

Hi welcome to salongeek and for the most part we are all really kind lol.

Ok firstly was the course run by crystal nails for their gel polish.
I ask this because every gel or hybrid works differently. I use shellac and OPI Gelcolour and they are totally different in both use and application so I. Trained with both companies
Chipping can be down to a variety of things.

Product application
Poor prep
Wrong lamp for the product
Clients nails not suitable due to medication or poor condition.

Before you jump ship and cost yourself a whole lot of money, I personally would contact crystal nails for some help and advice and maybe some further training. I've heard some good things about crystal nails and if the problem lies with you then it will happen no matter what product you use.

I learnt the hard way. Good luck hun and feel free to ask any further questions xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back