What's the "next big thing" for 2014?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsSlim

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
As the title says.. Does anybody have an idea of any up and coming treatments in the beauty industry? I would love to try and get ahead and offer something before anybody in my area! X

I have recently heard of eyebrow extensions!

The amount of people that say they would love thicker, more filled in eyebrows is mad so I think if people knew about this is could be good!

I've just read about the new
Contour D'Or Avant Garde Shrinking Tan by Tibby Olivier
What a great idea!!!!

Contour D'Or Avante Garde Shrinking Tan :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha I should have read responses first lol x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've heard of the eyebrow extensions fab idea but just not sure how well they last unless you don't wash your face!

Contour D'Or definitely gets my vote for next big thing! Could wee with excitement, all will be revealed!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Eyebrow extensions!? I'm guessing you just stick very fine lashes to individual hairs. Obviously trickier that that sounds. What if there rant any hairs to stick to though.

Where can I find information on the shrinking tan? Google was unsuccessful Xx

Buffedandbronzed.co.uk have a small section about it. It gives an idea.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

No you don't stick them to the hair you stick them to the skin. I understand for one day but not sure how they last for two weeks like they say it can

Thanks for the reply ladies! I think the shrinking tan is going to be so popular! X

how would the shrinking tan work?

how would the shrinking tan work?

From what I can see.. It's about how and where you apply the tan to sculpt and shape the body. It also contains ingredients which continue to work after the treatment which has resulted in clients losing inches from thighs, tummy ect x

At the risk of sounding like the perennial party pooper, don't jump on the bandwagon of any new treatment without making sure than any claims can be substantiated.
Make sure that you ask lots of questions about active ingredients, independent in vitro/in vivo studies and research papers.
Always worth remembering too that pioneers get the arrows, settlers get the land...

I wonder if Shrinking Tan means, you spray tan with different colours so that muscles show up more and tummies look flatter. Just a thought. Kind of how you touch up a picture to make bits look better. ??

How interesting that this new tanning product hasn't been released by Sweet Squared...

At the risk of sounding like the perennial party pooper, don't jump on the bandwagon of any new treatment without making sure than any claims can be substantiated.
Make sure that you ask lots of questions about active ingredients, independent in vitro/in vivo studies and research papers.
Always worth remembering too that pioneers get the arrows, settlers get the land...

Not being a party pooper at all Lynne!
To be honest I am struggling to understand how a light coat of tan can break down any fat or water retention?! So I will wait to see what the verdict is from other therapists before I decide if it's worth it!
X

I'll be looking out for this contour tan with interest
Dha is a powerful reactive so the theoretical science should be interesting

Latest posts

Back