whats wrong with my overlays now?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Just a quick one....

If i sculpt with the Bio Sculpture....they NEVER (well hardly ever!!) break, But i am not the best sculpter in the world much happier with tips and overlay.

When i tip and overlay with it i always get a break or two within the 2/3 week appointment time.

What am i doing wrong? I love the stuff but over tips can rarely get it to last.

I have bought a trial kit of NSI although not used it yet.

Would a 'hard' gel be a better option......my head is getting in a spin!!

I apply 3 layers and build up the stress area. Dont have any clients that i would say wear them too long. It doesnt seem to make any odds if i put a small strip of silk in the stress area either.

The most common ones/first ones to go are the thumb and first finger, i know these are the most 'used' fingers.

Help...............................

thanks

Ambx

Hi

when i do tips with biosculpture i do it like a wrap system this is what i do:

prep and apply tip etc
apply silk to all nails then apply 1 layer of gel 2 nails at a time (apply silk to full nail and over tip as in a wrap system not just over stress area)
another layer (making sure you fill behind the tip to achieve a good c curve)cure then wipe and white block
another layer of clear or sealer then wipe and top coat

(PS i now use supershiney rather than bio top coat it keeps the gel brighter for longer)

HTH

Tracey you are gonna have to start chargin me hun!!!

Thanks once again for coming to my rescue!!!!

What do you put on before the silk? gel? or nothing.

I note you use other brands of gel...is ANY gel (just gel) strong enough over tips?
Is super shiney a creative product? Off to ellisons tonight to get some!!

Thanks again ..........you are a star!!

Ambx

hi im no expert but i was havin breakages so i went on a days training last month, the lady training picked up straight away that my tips were to small so popping off and also getting some air in.I dont think you should need anything else like silk under gel should be strong enougth without, although when i watched a bio sculpture demo at gmex they used silk.

cant see it being my tips.....being doing it a while...but i am defo open to some advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg gel gel gel...= HEADACHE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MINKUS said:
Tracey you are gonna have to start chargin me hun!!!

Thanks once again for coming to my rescue!!!!

What do you put on before the silk? gel? or nothing.

I note you use other brands of gel...is ANY gel (just gel) strong enough over tips?
Is super shiney a creative product? Off to ellisons tonight to get some!!

Thanks again ..........you are a star!!

Ambx

Hi

I apply the tips and blend then scrubfresh/sterilize the nail plate then i apply the silk then the gel.

I find other non porous brands of gel fine without silk. All products have their plus and minus points biosculpture is a fab product and it is strong in its flexibility but needs a little help with tips (this is where the silk comes in) another gel though like brisa or LCN wouldn't need any help but you have to buff them off.

Its all about choosing the product thats right for you (i mention the 2 above as they are the other ones i use) both of the above gels have their drawbacks but they also have their plus points eg LCN really strong Brisa lovely and clear with really bright white.
IMO its all about getting to know your product inside out so you know its shortcoming and its strengths and can adjust for them.

Super shiney is a cnd top coat is excellent (more profit in it too for retail :wink2: )

Latest posts

Back