Where did you get your theme inspiration from?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carron

Reaction score
Hi

As i've wrote on here a few times i'm starting up in a couple of weeks.

We had a clear out of the room yesterday and I will need to paint the place whether its just white on top of the white thats there to freshen it up or to add colour to one wall or go for something completely different.

I was just goning to stick with the white walls and as I have brown bed covers and some towels i was just going to use them to save on money. But now i'm going to have to paint i thought i might as well do it right first time and invest in new towels and plynth covers.

I was thinking about white walls with one red and my plynth cover red with black towels and have some of the black and white patterend effect decor thats all in fashion now.

What are your thoughts? and how do you have your room done?

also if anyone has any website they could let me know of that could give me some insperation that would be great

Hi

As i've wrote on here a few times i'm starting up in a couple of weeks.

We had a clear out of the room yesterday and I will need to paint the place whether its just white on top of the white thats there to freshen it up or to add colour to one wall or go for something completely different.

I was just goning to stick with the white walls and as I have brown bed covers and some towels i was just going to use them to save on money. But now i'm going to have to paint i thought i might as well do it right first time and invest in new towels and plynth covers.

I was thinking about white walls with one red and my plynth cover red with black towels and have some of the black and white patterend effect decor thats all in fashion now.

What are your thoughts? and how do you have your room done?

also if anyone has any website they could let me know of that could give me some insperation that would be great

Sounds lovely hun, the only thing Id say about choosing decor based on whats in fashion now is fashions change and you dont want to be lumbered with a re-decorating bill to bring you back upto date.
But I like it, then again Black and Red are My colours of choice. :green:

I chose a sandy yellow for my walls as I don't personally like white as it seems so sterile & marks so easily. With yellow it makes a calm atmosphere & is cheery, plus in the winter it's a warmer colour than white. I chose to use burnt orange & chocolate towels/furnishings to bring colour to the place. Part of the reason was also to match the packaging of my Decleor products! You also need to keep in mind the type of business you are or are aspiring to be as to whether you want a fashionable look, a relaxing look, a clinical look, a homely look etc.

My website isn't up yet but i do have pics on my profile.
I used plain walls and then decorated each room with a different colour scheme.
I just painted all my walls magnolia, or as my daughter said 'my mom has painted all her walls mongolia'!

i'm going off my black red and white theme as the room does get very cold in the winter so maybe going back to browns to match in with fake bakes colours.

i have browns, reds and creams in my livingroom and everyone comments on how cozy it is so might go with that. just really want to get red in somewhere, love it

Likewise, my clients say how cozy my browns & oranges are; a lot less hectic than red, which is quite stimulating (think warning signs & red lights, well perhaps not those above certain establishments!). If you want red somewhere, how about using a small amount of it in red pillows, fabrics & so forth?

Latest posts

Back