Where do you all advertise your business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyw

Reaction score
hi

where do you's advertise for your business? i have done yell.com, gumtree, newspapers, local stores, bebo.

is there anywhere else online that you can advertise?

go onto you local Netmums site and advertise there, its on the noticeboard section. Its free to advertised there and over the the past 2 weeks we have had 2 customers from it. We have done a leaflet drop f approx 500 leaflets around the local area, as yet only one customer from that.

Facebook is the biggie, along with ensuring your listed on google maps and get your clients to review you.

You can also advertise on Freeindex.

Kate x

where is the noticeboard section?
i have put myself on google maps but im like 3 pages over, how do you get on the first page?
thanks

Do you mean on facebook? You have to set up an account and add people in your area.

With regards to google it works on click throughs and traffic, so get your site name out there and the more people visit it the higher it goes.

Kate x

What group do you advertise under net mums im totally stuck as to what to put my listing under :S

when you first go on the site look at the top left hand corner where is says local boards - i advertised in the noticeboard and the household help.

just put your information into those sections. i see other classes etc advertise there too. the household help section keeps your advertisement longer

I advertise on Netmums but I put an add on the noticeboard over a week ago and I readvertised today - I had an email from the Administrator of the site saying I should look at their policy as your only allowed to advertised once a month and I should consider paying to advertise on the site - I genuinely didnt notice the polciy - the reason I reposted was because my add is now on about page 20 so not fresh - even one of my netmums clients said I could post frequently and they dont mind so I took her word! never mind but I cant afford £36 + vat per month per site. They have now deleted my advert :cry: I genuinely do use that site as I have a young child and answer peoples child queries if I can so Im not just using them for my business and ive been a member for 3 years.

I also advertise on Gumtree but I am located in an area about 20 miles from 2 gumtree areas so this isnt proving as good for me but im sure if I was in a specific area it would help :)

yes i had that too when advertising in netmums noticeboard
it goes to page 3 by end of the same day.. :rolleyes: depending on what borough.

put in household help also..

Do you have something like Yellow Pages business directory over there? I find that works well for me (here is Oz).

Leaflet drops are a good idea in the way that they build up an awareness to your business. Keep in mind that you generate around 3 customers from every 100 people that 'read' your leaflet.

With the Google clicks thing. Ask as many of your family and friends to Google search and click on your site as often as possible - this should help you make it to page 1 :green:

Latest posts

Back