which brushes??!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bnc

Reaction score
the salon i work at has offered to buy me a brush to start practising acrylic application. we used basic brushes at college when i trained so i dont really know which one would be the best to go for. they were a lot smaller than the ones used at the salon too.

can anyone shed some light on this for me please. :confused:

ta very much!

The brush I use is the ultra sculptor from Designer Nails. It gives me a great smooth finish on my application which means less filing. Hths

David

thanks.
I think i posted wrong - i'm getting a 30% discount on a brush. how much do you think i should i look at spending?

As David says, the Ultra Sculptor is great. The main consideration when buying a brush is to get a good quality one, so buy from somewhere like Creative Nail Design, Ez Flow, NSI etc. I must admit, my favourites are the Creative, just something about the sable they use, lovely and smooth.

Beware Ebay - I've seen some real nasty ones on there recently, and not exactly cheap either.

You're looking at around £30 to £40 for a good one.

Jackie

bnc said:
the salon i work at has offered to buy me a brush to start practising acrylic application. we used basic brushes at college when i trained so i dont really know which one would be the best to go for. they were a lot smaller than the ones used at the salon too.

can anyone shed some light on this for me please. :confused:

ta very much!

i also use the ultra sculptor from designer nails, :hug: i find it easy to use either picking up a small or large bead. Good luck and remember you are only as good as your next set of nails ;)

I also use the ultra sculptor by designer nails :Love: I find it really easy to use, good for either picking up small or large bead. Good luck :hug:
Remember, you are only as good as your next set of nails

michelle x

didn't mean to send it twice :!:

The best brush that I have ever ever used has got to be Cesars Secrets grand master go on the site and have a look its fab I would not use any thing else.:Love: love it

Have a look at it and you will see what I mean :biggrin:
www.cesars-secrets.co.uk

thanks peeps!

well shelley, my last set werent that fab but ok - still practising. Lets hope the next set is better!!

Hiya

I really like the Sculptress brush size 8 from The Edge, its the ebst brusg that i have tried!!!!

Amanda

eww eerrrr - just had a look @ the brushes on this site - they r sssoo yummy !! Thanks for that info - my next set of nails will b paying for a grand master - or one of those ikkle silver ones (cant remember what its called ) !!!
How exciting - another new nail toy to play with for hours ofamusement !!!!
Thanks again
jayneym xx
Naughtynails said:
The best brush that I have ever ever used has got to be Cesars Secrets grand master go on the site and have a look its fab I would not use any thing else.:Love: love it

Have a look at it and you will see what I mean :biggrin:
www.cesars-secrets.co.uk

I find the Master Series brushes from Creative to be the best (havent tried too many though!!) These are particularly good value also, as you can purchase replacement heads for them at a reasonable price... over a period of time, and especially whilst starting out you should find this type of brush will pay for itself... I've had mine for years!!!

Latest posts

Back