Which Natural nail hardener for hairdresser?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb379

Reaction score
Hi there

One of the hairdressers where I rent a room asked me what she could put on her nails to toughen them up. She doesn't wear anything on her nails, just natural, and as she is a junior her hands are always wet from washing etc.

She said she had tried something before (can't remember what she said) and said it kept peeling off.

Any good recommendations?

Regards
Deb379

creative toughen up or supernails nail eat are really good

Yeah toughen up from Craetive is really good as is Nail Armour from Orly!!!!!!

Amanda

Have a read of the Technotes on here - there is one all about nail strengtheners - then you will be able to explain to her why this one will work but another one might not.

I too would recommend Toughen Up.

Why dont you tell her to try a thin layer of Brisa clear UV gel and some finishing gloss? this can be applied over her natural nail which strengthens the nail and peel-free!

I do this as an "indestructable manicure" for my clients

Hope this helps

The girls in the hair salon suffer terribly with peeling nails as their hands are in water so much, they tested OPI Nail Envy for soft peeling nails with great results. Nailtiques Formula 2 is good, but it peels a lot.

Hi Sassy

Is the OPI easy to get at Sallys or Capital Hair? I don't really want to have to send off for something and get charges £6.50 for postage!

Regards
Deb379

Hi Debs , yup it's the one you can get in Sally's, and it works really well.

zobo said:
Why dont you tell her to try a thin layer of Brisa clear UV gel and some finishing gloss?

Is it ok to put natural nails under a UV lamp?

Kimmi Rocks said:
Is it ok to put natural nails under a UV lamp?

Kimmi think you've had too many sherbets!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you think you do gel nails? You have to put the natural nail under the uv lamp or the gel ain't never gonna cure!! Or have I missed the point, I know I'm on another planet half the time!!

Latest posts

Back