which products are good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illijanna

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just come away from the carlton institute and am left wondering which products are good to use,I started using star nails but I'm not sure if it's any good. Have any of you used NSI products and are these any good,I'm not sure where to start looking?Any suggestions would be great.
I have been doing several sets of nails which look fantastic when I have finished I make sure there is is a hair line gap between nail and skin but after 2 days the nails are lifting the tips are breaking??????I am lost, or am I using bad products?

Well personally I think Creative Nail Design is excellent - but I would wouldn't I??? :) :biggrin: :) :biggrin:

Mrs Geek said:
Well personally I think Creative Nail Design is excellent - but I would wouldn't I??? :) :biggrin: :) :biggrin:

I think that they are too. Every time I buy something new, I love them even more!

i use drea products from essential nails now i have qualified i get 30% off the stuff is the best i have seen so far

got to agree with creative nail design... fab products, excellent customer service and a huge team of educators to help you along the way.

Samantha... love your new avatar :wink2: x

Thank you for your responses,I will certainly look into creative as it does seem very popular with you all.
I'll let you know how I get on.

illijanna said:
Hi,
I have just come away from the carlton institute and am left wondering which products are good to use,I started using star nails but I'm not sure if it's any good. Have any of you used NSI products and are these any good,I'm not sure where to start looking?Any suggestions would be great.
I have been doing several sets of nails which look fantastic when I have finished I make sure there is is a hair line gap between nail and skin but after 2 days the nails are lifting the tips are breaking??????I am lost, or am I using bad products?

there could be any number of reasons why your nails are lifting away after 2 days.... have you removed all the non living tissue from the nail plate? is there any product near the skin? are you doing them too long for the client to cope with?.... if you are quite a new technician problems can happen at first its only natural as you are still getting used to applying nails and the products you are using and all the different techinques we use to achieve fab nails that not only look good they have 'staying' power
Personally with products i use EzFlow and i get fab results from it
....you can use a good quality product but you must remember that if you are still doing improper prep or your product application isnt tip top you may still have problems such as lifting
hth

Jess
xox

ps... just pm me if you need any more info or help

check out all the ruptable companies, OPI has an excellent reputation, as does creative , eZFLOW, star is also excellent, many companies buy from star and use thier own labels, mr cuccio has been a reputable character in the nail business forever, you have 10 fingers, get samples from 10 companies and try them out on yourself, take into account ease of use, durability, color stability and last but not least price

for permament french i love ibd's flex bright white powder as its not very ratio sensitive and gives a consistently pure white, i can work quite wet with it, giving me time to form the smile. for coloured l& p i use the creative range, i love all the options available with it.

if you want the whitest whites on the market try OPI absolute (absolutley white), it's the whitest white you will find anywhere, it takes a little getting used to, but if you like that super fake white look, it's the ants pants

Latest posts

Back