Which products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DONZIE

Reaction score
hello,
I have just read the recent thread about having trouble with smile lines where the person trained with Creative but could not create a nice smile line with Creative liquid and powder so tried NSI products and found that she was able to get on a lot better with this. I am a little confused then as to which products I can use. I trained with Creative in Plymouth in July being totally new to the nail industry and was under the impression that I could only use Creative products. Can I then use another companys' products to get the same effect as Creative in liquid and powder enhancements? :confused:

Creative is a premier product.I tried NSI and didnt like it. I personally use creative myself as I found its the better one for ease of use, colour and no lift. I did a vtct so have tried alot of different brands and am settled and happy now ive converted to Creative. If you are happy with it why change??? Also if you have only had foundation training then you have been taught to use that product only, so would think that if you were thinking of changing now , you would be wise to do a conversion to another brand. Tats just my opinion.
good luck with whatever you choose.

Well I have to admit I think you are right. I was just wondering if people trained with Creative to learn how to do nails but then used other products because they are cheaper.
Donna

There are lot of products out there that are cheaper.. And I have wasted alot of time and money trying some of them. trust me stick with what you know.

DONZIE said:
Well I have to admit I think you are right. I was just wondering if people trained with Creative to learn how to do nails but then used other products because they are cheaper.
Donna
I think you will find that if you really look into it, instead of assuming, that Creative Liquid and Powder is not much more, if any, more expensive than many other brands. Some things like CND tips are more expensive but in my opinion I also think they are much better and you get what you pay for.

I often think its like learning to drive in a BMW. You don't appreciate how nice a drive it is until you try another car.

I'm sure many train with CND, try another brand only to come back one day to CND realizing that it wasn't the product that was lacking but because they were new to nails they did not appreciate what they had until they tried something else. Many new technicians like to blame their product instead of their own lack of skill thinking if they change, miraculously their nails will improve.

The girl who posted re CND and NSI admitted that she changed product and technique, whereas if she had just changed her technique she would have had the same result with CND .. that is what I was trying to convey in my post on that thread.

I am happy to continue using my Creative products. What I didn't quite understand is why some people on this site talk about using other products when they've been trained by Creative. What I don't want to do is waste money on other products as I had the impression that you could use anything even though Creative trained. Thank you clearing this up for me. I do value your opinion.
Donna

All professional products are of a great standard otherwise they wouldn't be available for us to purchase. The only way to get skilled is to practice practice practice. So often in the industry people promise this that and the other if you use this product or tool. They just prey on people who are strugling. Save your pennies for a one to one and you will find your technique will improve. No product will improve your technicque, only you can do that, otherwise everyone would be a nail tech! lol

All the best

DONZIE said:
hello,
I have just read the recent thread about having trouble with smile lines where the person trained with Creative but could not create a nice smile line with Creative liquid and powder so tried NSI products and found that she was able to get on a lot better with this. I am a little confused then as to which products I can use. I trained with Creative in Plymouth in July being totally new to the nail industry and was under the impression that I could only use Creative products. Can I then use another companys' products to get the same effect as Creative in liquid and powder enhancements? :confused:
I may sound like I am preaching, :o but I don't think this can be said enough times, The BEST product in the world is the ONE that you follow the manufacturer's directions to the letter, using only the products in that line, and the expertise that comes from practice. No matter what you choose to use if you follow the directions completely (and prep steps are no exception) it will be the best product ever. (I am an instructor, and have worked for different companies as their educator, and there are no crappy professional products, just under educated or beginning techs.) As long as we continue our education, and keep practicing, you can achieve the "best" nails ever!!!:D

Latest posts

Back