Which wax heater?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandra Harper

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I did a warm wax training course last week and really enjoyed it. It's just occurred to me that I know absolutely nothing about the actual heating of the wax as this had already been done by the trainer! I have bought a Sienna X double wax unit, 1000cc and 500cc. I understand that I can place a pot straight into the 500cc slot, but this isn't a great fit and I'm wondering if I'll end up getting wax everywhere. I thought I could use two different waxes but from what I understand, the 1000cc portion is for hot wax, which I haven't done a course on. I have absolutely no idea how to decant the wax and I don't have a microwave! I would prefer to have a unit that I can place the wax plastic pots into directly. Can anyone offer any advice on this. I think I may have to return the Sienna X unit to the shop. Very many thanks.

I haven't used a sienna wax pot before but other heaters you can usually buy separate inner bits so you can change the wax you are using easily.
its hard to explain how I transfer the wax into the heater but I just rest the pot on top at a bit of an angle resting on the metal scraping bar and it slowly pours in I'll see if I can find a picture. If you can, go on a course for hot wax because clients know more about it and some actually ask when ringing me for an appointment if I use it for certain areas hth xxx

Thanks for that. Yes I'd love to do a warm waxing course. I thought I'd better get started with this first and then do that later. I have changed the heater to a 'Just Wax' Single pot heater, as it seemed to make sense for now. Thanks for your help.

Hi Everyone. I did a warm wax training course last week and really enjoyed it. It's just occurred to me that I know absolutely nothing about the actual heating of the wax as this had already been done by the trainer! I have bought a Sienna X double wax unit, 1000cc and 500cc. I understand that I can place a pot straight into the 500cc slot, but this isn't a great fit and I'm wondering if I'll end up getting wax everywhere. I thought I could use two different waxes but from what I understand, the 1000cc portion is for hot wax, which I haven't done a course on. I have absolutely no idea how to decant the wax and I don't have a microwave! I would prefer to have a unit that I can place the wax plastic pots into directly. Can anyone offer any advice on this. I think I may have to return the Sienna X unit to the shop. Very many thanks.
Oo! I use Starpil's wax heater and it has been the most reliable to me. All wax heaters heat wax (mine gets the job done in about 20 min) but reliability has been the biggest deciding factor for me personally.

Latest posts

Back