Who spray tans you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My sister sprayed me for the first time Thursday, she did ok but spent the whole time saying 'i don't like it' lol
She was really nervous of messing up bless her.

Lol my sister was exactly the same she came as my model when i did my training so it was the first tan she had done, she didnt do too bad but like ur sister she was nervous.

I don't spray myself very often but when I do I spray my front first, very lightly though and then get my hubby to spray my back. It seems to come out pretty well and I have got a few extra bookings from it, so its def worth doing.

My husband refuses to spray tan me! He doesn't listen to me anyway so prob for the best!

This leaves me with 3 options:
1. Spray myself (this has varied results! haha)
2. Use tanning mousse (prefer a spray tan though)
3. Wait for my sister to visit so she can spray me (she lives 2.5hrs away)

I tried to get my mum to do it but she faffed about and wasn't very confident. I'm hoping I can try to persuade her to give it another try:D

i tried to do myself once & had awful streaky arms so now my hubby does me. To be honest, he's not bad - think he likes watching the white lines develop!!!! x

My hubby tans me and is now very good at it, he uses more solution than I do but then he resprays cars so is used to the "wet" look. The tan comes out perfect when I've showered tho :Grope:

Hubby sprays me and he's fab at it😊 xxx

I can do half body on myself (what I call my winter tan) which is arms, chest, shoulders, hands, neck and face, oh and feet too). but I have put a few threads about tan swaps on here. I did a similar post on gumtree and now a local spray tanner and I spray eachother (with our own solutions) for free every week more or less - it's amazing!

I spray tan myself too - it's really weird at first and a bit nerve wracking lol but with a full length mirror and a few adjustments it's really easy once you get the hang of it. I was the same as you, used to working in a salon and having treatments done by colleagues then out on my own and had to rely on myself. Work from your legs up and do your arms last because you'll be bending your arms a lot faffing around with everything else. You might have to use a combination of vertical spray setting and horizontal to get where you need to, lift your legs up, twist your body around, get into any position you can to get to where you need. You will probably have to hold the gun in your left hand and then right hand to get to different places and be prepared to break a lot of the rules of spray tanning lol. Trickiest part is your back, to do mine i bend right over so my head is near my feet, lift my arm high so it reaches over my back and spray from side to side this will cover the top half, to do the bottom - hold gun in your left hand to do the left side of your back, ribs, hip and bust. Do the same on your right side using your right hand. I find it helps by twisting my body in the opposite direction at the same time as moving the gun side to side to get it done quicker and can get further around. Legs - lift your leg up and spray from your feet to hip, turn your leg in to do the outside, then turn it out to do the inside, rest heel on a stable surface like a chair lean over a bit to reach under to do the back of your legs (should be able to cover the buttocks at the same time too). Face, neck, shoulders, chest and abdomen are easy just point the gun at yourself and spray as normal. Arms - lift your arm out straight spray down the centre and make a quarter turn and spray, quarter turn again and spray keep going til you've covered the whole arm then lift your arm up in the air and spray to cover the underneath. Hope that makes sense lol i'm sure you'll work out your own little routine and master it in no time but there's mine to get you started hope it helps a bit.

My bf won't put on a mitt and do my back so you guys have very lovely hubbys!
I'm getting my sister to do it on sunday as she was my model at my training so she knows what to do!

My husband sprays me an he is really good. Usually just let him spray my top half but he did my whole body last night which meant I could look down and see him spraying my legs. I with really impressed with his 'common sense' when spraying. He was worried about my legs but it looks good so far :)

My sister did it for me once, and almost had an asthma attack from the overspray (lol) so my boyfriend does it now, he's actually not too bad at it, although does like to tilt the gun in all directions while I yell at him to keep it level hehe

My husband tans me, he is very keen, if not overly thorough! He doesn't do the flicks at ankles or hands, and once he tanned my ankle over a plaster on my heel!!!! I had to keep the plaster on after that to cover the mark - was really funny though!!! :lol:

WOW....I cant beleive how many of us get our other half to do our tans! :) My bf does mine, he's so good at them but we always argue over it which makes it a bit of a drama....i'm bossy...he's nervous...you know how it is but it turns out good every time. When customers ask me who does my tan and I tell them they always find it funny...no I know its the done thing ;) great thread x

My husband sprays me an he is really good. Usually just let him spray my top half but he did my whole body last night which meant I could look down and see him spraying my legs. I with really impressed with his 'common sense' when spraying. He was worried about my legs but it looks good so far :)

It came out perfect! Slightly concerned that it so good....I might have some competition there!

I spray tan myself too - it's really weird at first and a bit nerve wracking lol but with a full length mirror and a few adjustments it's really easy once you get the hang of it. I was the same as you, used to working in a salon and having treatments done by colleagues then out on my own and had to rely on myself. Work from your legs up and do your arms last because you'll be bending your arms a lot faffing around with everything else. You might have to use a combination of vertical spray setting and horizontal to get where you need to, lift your legs up, twist your body around, get into any position you can to get to where you need. You will probably have to hold the gun in your left hand and then right hand to get to different places and be prepared to break a lot of the rules of spray tanning lol. Trickiest part is your back, to do mine i bend right over so my head is near my feet, lift my arm high so it reaches over my back and spray from side to side this will cover the top half, to do the bottom - hold gun in your left hand to do the left side of your back, ribs, hip and bust. Do the same on your right side using your right hand. I find it helps by twisting my body in the opposite direction at the same time as moving the gun side to side to get it done quicker and can get further around. Legs - lift your leg up and spray from your feet to hip, turn your leg in to do the outside, then turn it out to do the inside, rest heel on a stable surface like a chair lean over a bit to reach under to do the back of your legs (should be able to cover the buttocks at the same time too). Face, neck, shoulders, chest and abdomen are easy just point the gun at yourself and spray as normal. Arms - lift your arm out straight spray down the centre and make a quarter turn and spray, quarter turn again and spray keep going til you've covered the whole arm then lift your arm up in the air and spray to cover the underneath. Hope that makes sense lol i'm sure you'll work out your own little routine and master it in no time but there's mine to get you started hope it helps a bit.

Thank you SOOO much for this Nadine.beauty! I'm always wondering how on earth you all spray tan yourselves so I'm going to print this out and give it a go on wednesday. It will be probably take me hours but fingers crossed it will be ok as I'd like to advertise my product. Plus I NEED a tan I'm fed up with being pale (all my winter holiday tan has faded!) just need the weather to perk up now so we can all show off our handy work!

:)

You're welcome hun, wasn't sure whether you would think i was waffling on about a load of rubbish lol but glad you're going to give it a go - if you work out a better way to spray yourself let me know because it's always good to have extra help from others especially if it makes things easier to do. Good luck with it, will you let me know how you get on?

My oh does me!! He has his uses!!

xxxx

my fella does me he is fab now I have got him well trained ;-) Now I just need to teach him how to use the washer and he will be perfect!!:D

I get my sister to spray me :lol:

My five year old little boy. He's better than some of those on the high street!

Latest posts

Back