Why is free edge snapping?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOE!

Reaction score
Hi geeks, in my new salon i am the only person doing nails at the moment. I use gelbond and the other therapist who trained in nails a few months ago was chuffed with it. But today she said that she thinks its not strong enough. When i asked why, she said that a few nails that i apllied were snapping at the free edge. When i look at the nails it was not snapped at the part where the tip is applied but just the free edge. Why is this? Thanksguys.x

maybe you applied your product a bit thinner than normal Zoe, or blended them 'really well' plus thinner product... it's just a guess though :o

Yes thanks for answering. I dont like to think i know everything so just agreed with her when she said it may be the gelbond. But it wouldnt be nothing to do with gelbond though would it if it hasnt snapped at that part. Maybe i did apply the product to thin. Thanks.x

i doubt it would be the gelbond... the product is what gives the strength so personally i would look at thickness of application first... not that I do L+P yet :wink2:

This is exactly what i thought about the strnght being in the product. A lot of people have commented on how thin my nails are and not thick. I may have to try and get it in between.

Ive got a couple of ideas of what the problem might be as I've experianced something similar before. When you say breaking at the free edge, Im assuming that you mean the tip is breaking off?

It could be that when blending your tips, you are over filing or being too heavy handed with filing causing the tip to crack...

or the thickness of your application may be out. Remember the apex provideds the strength, so the thickest part of your nail should be in zone 2, thining out at both zone 1 and 3.

Another thought, how long are the enhancements? could it be caused by excessive length? just a thought

Yes it is the tip that is snapping, but not at the place where the tip is stuck to. Just part of the free edge. The nails werent that long but maybe your right about blending and maybe i didnt apply it thick enough.

Latest posts

Back