Why scluptered tips???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmajt

Shopaholic Geek
Reaction score
I know this is going to sound daft, but apart from cost wise, what are the benefits of doing sculptered (Sp?) nails??

I've been practising loads lately and want to start offering it to clients, but if they ask why them instead of tips, what should i say??

You see, i do sound dense don't I!!:o

Emmajt said:
I know this is going to sound daft, but apart from cost wise, what are the benefits of doing sculptered (Sp?) nails??

I've been practising loads lately and want to start offering it to clients, but if they ask why them instead of tips, what should i say??

You see, i do sound dense don't I!!:o

Hiya Emma
It is beleived they are stronger as more product is in contact with the nail than if you did tip and overlay. They look more natural IMO - i couldn't say way i've not got the words to describe it.

hth

Fab Freak said:
Hiya Emma
It is beleived they are stronger as more product is in contact with the nail than if you did tip and overlay. They look more natural IMO - i couldn't say way i've not got the words to describe it.

hth

Thanks Louise, that does help.

Hi Em,
I would say the benefits of sculpting are no time taken glueing and blending the tip, More product in contact with the natural nail, and more overall strength to the enhancement.
JMO

I prefer sculptured tips, as I think they look more natural. It does however take a bit of practice to get 'em right.

I prefer sculpting and sculpt on 99% of my new set clients, some of the reasons as follows:

Completely bespoke nail - no pinching from plastic tips and a complete perfect fit to your natural nail

Strength - the strength of an enhancement is between the natural nail and the overlay, so when sculpting the entire nail is covered with product with no area of weakness where a tip would be

Durability - People such as hairdressers or cleaners who have their hands in water a lot fare better with sculpted nails as cyanoacrylate adhesive can eventually be broken down in water

Problem nails - biters, spoon nails, flat nails, ski jumps - problem nails can be easily worked on by sculpting

Speed - it is quicker to fit a set of forms than blend and shape a set of tips

Cost - 10 disposable forms cost considerably less than 10 plastic tips

I am no way "anti tip" so please don't think I am - these are just some of the reasons I prefer to sculpt.

HTH
Clare

Hi emma,

I agree with all the above, also I have found that once a client has a set of sculpted, they say they feel much nicer and do not want to go back to tips.....

I have only been sculpting for a little while, coz I used to find the forms difficult to fit, but once I got the hang of that its fine;)

Oceana said:
I prefer sculpting and sculpt on 99% of my new set clients, some of the reasons as follows:

I'd love to sculpt but is it difficult? Obviously to begin with I'm sure, but is it one of those things that you can or can't do. I overheard one of the top Creative people saying that they don't sculpt. I was really surprised as he is so brilliant. Got me thinking that maybe you need a flair for it. Ooh, I'm waffling.

xxx

hi
apart from all the very good reasons given already, i find that if a client has not so perfect nail shape, like me!, sculpting artistically allows me to enhance their shape, rather than "mirror" it. a tip can sometimes make some nails fan out at the end. by clever application of the performance form, i can adjust any flaw.
also, you cannot change the shape of the stop gap in a tip, so if u have a very uneven free edge that cannot b filed, u can cut out the contact area of the form, giving a snug fit.
liza x

I am new to sculpting and practised on my daughter 2 weeks ago. When she wears tips I can guarantee that she will lose 3 or 4 of them within the first two weeks - she's a bit heavy handed - I am so impressed with sculpting as her nails still look lovely and she has not lost one - going to infill them this weekend - she is over the moon with them. I think sculpting is definitely the way to go.

I know this is going of track a little but wanted to share it with y'all.

Did my first set of sculpted L&P since leaving college on my mate last night. They were OK i suppose, 100% better than the ones i did when training i must admit :o . Found fitting the forms a hell of a lot quicker than tips, which is always a good thing. I also did a airbrushspray tan.

As it was getting late my mate said she would shower after she got in from work the following day. Anyhow to cut a long story short whilst at work she got a fish bone stuck in her finger :Scared: . Yes i know what y'all thinking....but she works on the fish counter at Morrisons!! Soooo to top it off she ended up at our local A&E with the not so perfect sculpted nails........"AND" a dodgy looking tan in need of being washed off......lol.
She is still there!!! :lol:
Shouldn't laugh though....PMSL

Oceana said:

Completely bespoke nail - no pinching from plastic tips and a complete perfect fit to your natural nail

Strength - the strength of an enhancement is between the natural nail and the overlay, so when sculpting the entire nail is covered with product with no area of weakness where a tip would be

Durability - People such as hairdressers or cleaners who have their hands in water a lot fare better with sculpted nails as cyanoacrylate adhesive can eventually be broken down in water

Problem nails - biters, spoon nails, flat nails, ski jumps - problem nails can be easily worked on by sculpting

Speed - it is quicker to fit a set of forms than blend and shape a set of tips

Cost - 10 disposable forms cost considerably less than 10 plastic tips

I am no way "anti tip" so please don't think I am - these are just some of the reasons I prefer to sculpt.

HTH
Clare

That's brilliant, just what i wanted to hear.

i did my mum's 2 weeks ago and she still had all on them on on Friday when i did her in-fill (bl**dy amazing!!).

Persuaded my mother in law to be a guinee pig last night and did a full set of sculpts with P&W, and i though they looked pretty good in the end - ok my smile lines were a tad wonky and not very deep, but a bit more practising i reckon and i'll improve there.

Doing a client tonight who works in a pet shop, saw her on Saturday and she'd lost 4 nails, think i might soak off what is left and persuade her to try sculpts - why don't people ever listen to aftercare advice???

I must say though, i really enjoy doing them as opposed to putting tips on, maybe it's because it's something new, or because it feels better, i don't know, just loving doing them at the mo.

Once i've got the smile lines improved, i'll attempt glitter tips!!

I had a go at sculpting with mu gel on my fella (bless him..he got a kick outta tapping them on the desk when i had done saying "i always wanted to do that") they wernt very good, They where flat with no c curve. Is this impropper fitting of the form ?

thanks xxx

NailStyle said:
I had a go at sculpting with mu gel on my fella (bless him..he got a kick outta tapping them on the desk when i had done saying "i always wanted to do that") they wernt very good, They where flat with no c curve. Is this impropper fitting of the form ?

thanks xxx

God i wish i could get my hubby to do that, i think i've just about persuaded him for me to give him a manicure!.

Only just started using forms myself as you can tell, but to get the c curve i pinch the form at the sides after it has set a little, not sure how you go about this though with gel?

Sorry, not much help there eh!

Latest posts

Back