Why you want to be in business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheer Beauty

Reaction score
hi Everyone,

I was looking at why people want their business to be successful and i was wondering to myself if everyone feels the same way or am i in the miniority. I would really appreciate your feedback as to the mental and the emotional reason you want your salon business to be successful.

The reason for me was so i could have flexibility in work schedule, have the potential to work from home when i have children (hopefully in the next couple of years) and to be charge of how much i can earn.

I would love to hear your reasons for getting into business?
and
what motivates you to make your salon business a success?

Helen:!:

For me, it's the following:

(1) So that I can work from home to spend more time with my wife (who is disabled and needs a lot of care).

(2) So I can focus on earning money doing something that I really enjoy doing, without all the bull and office politics that comes from working in an office.

(3) To have more control over my time - so that I can work at times that suit me - and so that I can more easily offer other services, e.g. body painting and photography - which might not be so easy to fit in around an office job. And especially not to find that I have to do stupid amounts of overtime in the office, because someone else decides that they are going to change the design at the last minute!

Alas I haven't quite got there yet, but I'm working on it!!!

I have been a primary school teacher for many years and whilst I loved it, I want a new challenge. I have re-trained in a couple of different things and now I want to have a successful business. I am fed up with school politics and Government Politics controlling what I do.

The freedom to make my own decisions and be in control of my working week is very liberating!

Tis the same for me - to be more in control of my life after working for everyone else for the last uh um .. cough cough 20 something years!

I love being able to go out there and test products myself and have flexibility. To do treatments that I know I am good at and enjoy doing, being able to bring out my passion without being told no I can't do it or I am doing it wrong.

I personally love the rapport that I have built with some of my clients and I know they feel looked after, one rule I made was to really make their time, their time and not look over their shoulder looking at the next client.

It takes time, oh my goodness does it.....but you obviously have the right get and go and attitude to give it a try and be a success.

Does that help :)

I had a very successful career with a high street bank and then when I had a family death it made me reassess my priorities in life.

Even though I had a senior position there was always still someone above me, now that isn't the case. I like being able to set my own schedule, yes to some extent that is dictated by clients but I have no-one breathing down my neck telling me that you are taking too long with that client etc.

I have digressed though, at the end of the day I would like to try and earn somewhere near what I did when I was a banker (yes I did say banker lol).

I kind of fell into it after two bad experiences in other salons. I work far harder now than I ever did when working for others. I now have a small chain of salons and on bad days fantasise about selling up!
I think the "being a success" thing was my driving force. I want to acheive five beautiful and upmarket salons in my working lifetime.
The sheer hard slog of having businesses and running staff may put paid to that!

I have three sons and a highly successful partner and people assume that what we have (house, car) is b/c of my partner and his success and hard work - while I'm just a 'stay at home mum' living off his money :wink2:.

I want my sons to grow up knowing that I'm not a mere woman, I want them to see me in a thriving and successful business that I created from scratch. This will also teach my sons that anything they want is achievable and they make it happen.

In a nutshell I want my sons to see me succeed and know they can too :)

hi Everyone,

I was looking at why people want their business to be successful and i was wondering to myself if everyone feels the same way or am i in the miniority. I would really appreciate your feedback as to the mental and the emotional reason you want your salon business to be successful.

The reason for me was so i could have flexibility in work schedule, have the potential to work from home when i have children (hopefully in the next couple of years) and to be charge of how much i can earn.

I would love to hear your reasons for getting into business?
and
what motivates you to make your salon business a success?

Helen:!:

1) Flexible working
2) Gettings things done they way you want
3) Job satisfaction - nothing feels better than having happy customers :)
4) Beating the competition is a rewarding game :)

For me their was no other option - my brain just thinks this way. I started a website first to provide products not available, I opened a salon to provide much needed nail services and high quality attention to detail, I teach to pass my knowledge on. For me its really as simple as that.

I am in business because I want to be in control of doing something I love whilst having the flexibility of being on hand for my children, I always make sure I have a balance. I do not like to miss anything that is going on in my childrens's lives as I feel like this time is precious and once passed you never get them back. I also do not want them to grow up and see me as 'just mum' I want them to see that you get out of life what you put in and if you want nice things you have to earn them!!

I hope that when people chose my services is it because I go the extra mile to give them value for money in their treatments and always make them feel like they are the top priority, which they are during their treatment time! :)

Latest posts

Back