Will a new hairdresser be cross with me right at the start?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
After persevering with my current hairdresser and asking for a style which is basically a long layered bob with a heavy swished to one side fringe (think Amanda Holden on BGT this series) I have never achieved this, despite taking photos in etc.

All she seems to do with me is soft feathery layers which frame my face, making it impossible to do this heavy sweeping thing.

SO . . . .

deep breath

in a mad moment I cut into it myself to take some length off those front layers so it will flick. No I am not a hairdresser I am a nail tech lol. It is not a brilliant cut, goes without saying. But it does flick!! I was starting to think it was my hair!

I've decided I need to change hairdresser but WHAT is a new hairdresser going to say about somebody who takes the scissors to their own hair? Not regularly, I must add, but a little out of desperation.

I'd like basically the style I've cut only properly.

Am I in for a good telling off? How should I handle this? x

As a hairdresser I jave people that come to me and say they have cut their own hair but there isnt much you can say its been done and they have came to you to sort it out so they wont be doing it again x

I laugh when people do stuff like this it's on their own head like lol. Excuse the pun. No just bring a pic and ask them to cut it , if they don't do it how you like when it's dried say your not happy and they can cut into it more dried if day you want the fringe heavier etc xx

I'm no hair tech (nails too)...but just thought I'd jump in lol! I've been after a certain style of fringe for years (think Zooey Deschanel for me) and NO hairdresser has ever done it despite numerous pics. So I did it myself and I love it. Now when I have my hair cut, my hairdresser just knows not to touch my fringe. *slaps wrist* 😁 xxx

I work in a walk in salon and we get quite a few people cut there own fringe, it doesn't bother me as you can usually tidy it up providing it isn't too short lol! But clients know if they have cut their own fringe too sort there's not a lot you can do about it, it's their hair so it's up to them lol. Although I did have someone come in who had been messing around with thinning scissor and took a big chunk out of her fringe! Ooops we just put it over to one side to cover it xx

Latest posts

Back