Will colour really lift colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeaLea

Reaction score
Hi,

just completed my NVQ Level 2 Hairdressing and feel really confused and that colouring was only very briefly covered! :(

how would you go about lifting a clients hair from say a base 4 (coloured air) to a base 6? we get told that you cant lift a colour by applying another colour so what would you do in this instant?? our tutor said you would have to bleach the hair up to then dye it to a base 6? soooooo confused!!! help x

Yep tint wont lift tint.

You would need to use bleach or a colour reducer to lift out the base 4.

Hi,

just completed my NVQ Level 2 Hairdressing and feel really confused and that colouring was only very briefly covered! :(

how would you go about lifting a clients hair from say a base 4 (coloured air) to a base 6? we get told that you cant lift a colour by applying another colour so what would you do in this instant?? our tutor said you would have to bleach the hair up to then dye it to a base 6? soooooo confused!!! help x

That's right.

It's covered more in depth on your Level 3. x

level 2 is just the very basics level 3 is more advanced and colour correction ect! u would use a bleach bath or colour srtipper then apply your target shade! x

yep,you need to go advanced level

thank you very much guys! :) very disappointed at how in-depth the course actually goes...its sooo basic! really going to consider level 3...i feel like i need to know these things rather than make a cock-up!

LeaLea xxx

It's covered more on level 3 but if you have any questions you should ask your tutor and you can't lift tint with tint, so you will probably have to bleach the hair ;| x

Hello!
Here at Blondi Rae we have a revolutionary new product that removes unwanted colour without the need for bleach bathing. It doesn't contain any peroxide, ammonia or bleaching agents, so it leaves your client's hair in great condition! It works by shrinking the dye molecules so that they can simply be rinsed away.
What's more, we supply products direct from the factory to the salon, thus cutting out wholesale costs & saving you money!
If you want more info, visit Blondi Rae™ hair products and salon supplies | Home or follow Blondi Rae herself on Twitter: Blondi Rae (BlondiRae) on Twitter
Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back