will i get a rash ??????????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claire78

Reaction score
hello everyone

Im going to have my bikini line waxed for the first time and im a bit worried, :scared: so i have a couple of questions if you dont mind x

will it hurt as much as i think it will ?:cry:

will i get a rash ? and if i do how long will it take to go ?

please help me, thanks everyone xx:Scared:

It really shouldn't hurt that much, if at all. If you're worried, you could take a couple of pain killers 20 mins before your appontment and avoid drinking tea, coffee and alcohol. When your therapist is about to remove the hair, stretch the skin at the top of the are to be waxed upwards.

If you get any redness, just keep the area cool and don't apply anything to it. It will go down in a short time.

If it's only a bikini line, you'll be fine. Good luck and don't worry. Follow the aftercare that he/she gives you. xxxx

thanks you have put my mind at rest a bit lol

im going away on the 5th april ,when do you think i should have it done ?
how about if i have most of it taken off, how long does that take ? xx

I love getting waxed, when i was first wax on under arms and bikini area it stung for a few secs, my legs didn't hurt at all.
Now i have no pain at all and alot less hair

why is this kim...?
It's just that caffeine before waxing can make it feel a bit more painful. Having said that Angie, I always have a nice Costa Coffee with a shot in it before so I don't know if it's the same for everyone.

As you all know, I like to question so called 'theory' as I believe that we can learn new things from each other every day and things move on and theory changes. But..........I thought I should toe the line (for once in my life) and mention something from the text books. Of sod it !!! Let's all have a mocha chocca locca and to hell with it.

WAX ON !.xxxx

thanks you have put my mind at rest a bit lol

im going away on the 5th april ,when do you think i should have it done ?
how about if i have most of it taken off, how long does that take ? xx
Claire, exactly how hairy are you???:) You mentioned bikini and now you're talking about having it done in installments. Do you belong to the circus? Of course I'm teasing, but I bet that you don't mean a bikini. Out of interest, have a look at my site (link below), click on women and have a look at the Intimate waxing and then come back and tell us the name of exactly what you want done.

The reason I'm asking you to do this is that it will be a good lesson for all the waxing geeks as one of the biggest problems for them, both cost and time wise is that clients book in for a bikini but really want something else. Then what happens is that the therapist hasn't left enough time before their next client and then they feel too embarrassed to charge more.

In answer to your question about when to have it done.......I'd say a few day before is good. xxx

Well said Kim...

A lot of people say bikini wax when they really mean a Hollywood in the Bikini area!

Just for the record if your beautician offers you GiGi Anaesthetic spray to make you feel better it doesn't work & she'll probably charge you for the pleasure!

I personally use GiGi products and have this spray and it is really just a placebo, if someone is seriously terrified. A new client told me the other day though that she was charged an extra £2 for it though at another salon. So i'm warning everyone!

im not that hairy lol,
i looked at your site, and i would like to have a brazilian i think ?
does that take long? xx

im not that hairy lol,
i looked at your site, and i would like to have a brazilian i think ?
does that take long? xx

A ha ! I see my intuition was correct :). Do you see my point Claire. You book in for a bikini, so I book out a 15 min slot and you expect to pay £12, when I really need 30 to 40 mins (virgin Braz) and I have to break the news that your bill is £25. See how it can lead to bad feeling on both sides?

Does that answer your question? Thanks for being so honest and for not taking me too seriously. xxx

I done that, when i was first waxed i booked in for a bikini, when i wanted a Brazillian. However i did not know the difference then, the therapist was really nice and explained what was what, and the time scale.
I rebooked 3/4 weeks later and still see her.

A ha ! I see my intuition was correct :). Do you see my point Claire. You book in for a bikini, so I book out a 15 min slot and you expect to pay £12, when I really need 30 to 40 mins (virgin Braz) and I have to break the news that your bill is £25. See how it can lead to bad feeling on both sides?

Does that answer your question? Thanks for being so honest and for not taking me too seriously. xxx

thanks for all your help, still a bit scared tho ..lol, but if I dont do it now I never will.
just one more thing ....when I have my top lip and eyebrows done, I normally get a slight rash (like little spots) if I do get a rash when I have it done will it be the same......... if I bottle it, what do you think off hair removal creams :o xx

I done that, when i was first waxed i booked in for a bikini, when i wanted a Brazillian. However i did not know the difference then, the therapist was really nice and explained what was what, and the time scale.
I rebooked 3/4 weeks later and still see her.

did it hurt first time or did you get a rash ??

Everybody is different, so some might get a rash and some might not. The only way to be sure how it will affect your skin is to have a small area done first and see how it goes. If you explain your concerns to the therapist she should take account of this and amend her treatment plan accordingly. It's most important too that you follow the aftercare advice to the letter.
It's a delicate area and with the best will in the world there is going to be a degree of discomfort. Kim's advice about taking a couple of painkillers is sound, and also try not to have this done when you're having your period!

hiya
I was advised to take painkillers half hour before treatment. My bikini area and underarms did hurt the first time i had it done. After the first time it's alot easier and the more you are waxed its just slight discomfort
I also had very short fine hairs between my breasts which were not noticeable, but I could feel them.also a few on my lower belly.
I did get a rash around bikini area, between breasts and lower belly first 3/4 times. The rash became alot less each time. My skin is very sensitve, so i was expecting it.
Your therapist will advise you and put your mind at ease, also advise you on aftercare and apply gel/lotion to waxed area.
I now have electrosis on my belly as i only have a few hairs left.
The more you are waxed the less hairs grow through and they are finer.

I must stress this is my personal opinion, i am not a wax expert at all, i am only stating what i have found happens to me, my body, when i am waxed. Everybody is different, ie, pain threshold, skin sensitivity etc.

I have a strong suspicion once you have been waxed, you will continue, as it is alot better than shaving everyday, (I used to get a horrendous rash, and could only shave underarms for 3/4 days then had to stop for a week or so, also could not use deodrant).
Alot easier than creams which are messy. Again i could only use one type of cream or it burnt my skin, and I could only use cream once a month.
You will remain smooth as a baby's bottom for a while, it's bliss, lol. Dont forget due to hair growing at different rates, you may find some hair growing a few days after waxing, i just got waxed again 2 weeks later.
Like I say this is my personal opinion and everybody is different,

thanks for all your help, still a bit scared tho ..lol, but if I dont do it now I never will.
just one more thing ....when I have my top lip and eyebrows done, I normally get a slight rash (like little spots) if I do get a rash when I have it done will it be the same......... if I bottle it, what do you think off hair removal creams :o xx

Noooooooooo. Hair removal creams are no better than shaving as it's just melting the hair above the skin. xxx

Latest posts

Back