wipe off solution

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julia_james

Reaction score
i want to do my nails tonight but have just realised that i have run out of wipe off solution as i use gel
is there anything i can use instead just on myself not a client to remove the sticky residue

I believe 99% alcohol will work as a temporary stand in if you don't have the correct solution, and for some systems acetone, but not for anything that soaks off.

aww mine is a soak off gel

A quick wipe of acetone does the trick on gel topcoats that leave a sticky residue, It'll be a little less scary trying it out on yourself and not a client! Maybe if you just wipe it quickly it'll be ok because your not soaking? Only one way to find out?!

manicurist alcohol, or non acetone remover (ketone) will work, after all gels are apparently impervious to most chemicals (unless soakoff gels)

There are lots of things you can use to wipe of the inhibition layer...
Acetone free enamel remover, if it contains acetone you can water this down,Surgical spirit, Acetone and water mix, Vodka or any other spirit lol...even perfume would do it xxx

great stuff thanks i have non acetone nail polish remover so i will try that
thanks e1

VODKA????? noooooooooooooooooo cant waste that on nails

VODKA????? noooooooooooooooooo cant waste that on nails

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, you could try drinking it, THEN wiping off the dispersion with your tonugue with whatever residual alcohol is left on it?

BLECH that would be gross HAHA at least you wouldn't waste the alcohol, aye?

:lol:

The wipe solution I use is Isopropyl Alchohol based.
This is also the main ingredient in nail aniseptic spray so if i run out I use that and it`s fine.

Latest posts

Back